2006 TRD travelled 4470kms - not a typo!

TRD100

No that is not a typo, when we bought our new house it came with an Aurion TRD that has been garaged from new and only travelled 4450kms. What do we do with it?- its a collectors piece in wonderful condition.  Black Metallic with the dark brown upholstery

Haha, of course I was kidding. We need to see this magnificent vehicle. Post up some pics if you can.

So how did this car become a part of a house deal ?? Most unusual for sure !!

Are you looking to sell it or will you just keep it as a collector ?

Seems too good to be true, to be honest. Seems very unlikely that the previous owner would leave behind such an car, unless the house was re-possessed by the mortgagor and the owner never got the chance to retrieve the car for whatever reason.

Do you have the keys to it? It'll be difficult to sell or transfer the ownership without the documents being completed by its current owner. 

2 hours ago, Noodle Boy said:

Seems too good to be true, to be honest. Seems very unlikely that the previous owner would leave behind such an car, unless the house was re-possessed by the mortgagor and the owner never got the chance to retrieve the car for whatever reason.

Do you have the keys to it? It'll be difficult to sell or transfer the ownership without the documents being completed by its current owner. 

Edited by TRD100
Clicked the wrong key

We bought the home from an overseas resident who seldom visited QLD and the cars were included . Every 6 weeks the house manager would take the cars for a drive around the block and attend to servicing and cleaning. As well as the Aurion TRD there is a Landcruiser Prado GXL that has travelled 27000kms and is immaculate. I will post some pictures  of the Aurion soon.  We will move the Aurion on, hopefully to a collector who will appreciate it, - we just don't have the room to keep it.  Anybody know what it is worth?  Ownership is clean and tidy - the lawyers who did the house transfer arranged it all.  The overseas owner had to visit the Japanese embassy and have a power of attorney signed in the presence of an embassy official, those original documents duly bearing official Australian Embassy stamps and signatures were couriered to us for the change of ownership here.

That’s a very Asian way of running a house as a second home. Have seen such arrangements in Malaysia where ex-pats simply sell the bundle on to the next ex-pat.   Cars, furniture, golf club membership etc all transfers.  

If you could shake out the right buyer you’d be lucky, but I’m not sure ho many would pay a significant premium for it over the $15-20k bracket?

1 hour ago, Sebastian Woodhouse said:

If you could shake out the right buyer you’d be lucky, but I’m not sure ho many would pay a significant premium for it over the $15-20k bracket?

True true. It doesn't have that same cult status as the bogan mobiles, ie, Holden SS Commodores or Some fancy pants Falcon. People are paying stupid money for those right now. Did you watch the recent Lloyds classic car auction ? I'm still gob smacked.

5 hours ago, TRD100 said:

Oops my bad, the vin plate says "Built date Sept 08"

I would post a pic of the vin plate but suspect that it a security risk??

Not necessary. The build number is on the centre console area down the bottom just like in the pic below. Is this correct or did someone put it there ?

tc-trd-dash-1.thumbnail.jpg

Edited by Tony Prodigy

The engine alone might be worth a pretty penny. I've seen a fair bit of people lusting for the supercharged 2gr-fe as it's a common swap for mr2 builds. Seeing as the general price for a trd aurion is around 15-20k with 120-170k kms. I reckon your best option is to put it up on marketplace or gumtree and see what people are willing to offer for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I just noticed the dusty foot print on the mat! Open for offers - have listed it on Carsales.com.au for $22k - the adverts is "awaiting approval" - seems they dont know what a TRD Aurion is!

Shannons want to auction it. I will just see what the feedback is.

Edited by TRD100
spelling mistake