Should You Buy a LDV ?

I did see that video by Cadoges, but I already knew this anyway. My experiences goes way back to when the Great Wall cars started appearing here. My friend took one of those SUV type cars for a test drive and brought it to my house for me to try and I couldn't wait to get out of it. It was a proper ****box.

I wouldn't buy any car made in China period. They are inferior in quality and are cheap for a reason. They are rubbish vehicles.

John hit the nail on the head. Dealer/Distributor should have dealt with this disaster quietly, paid some extra a hush money and buried this from public view with a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Totally arrogant attitude has backfired badly with a legal ruling stating the poor build quality. General public can now make a more informed decision and boycott their brand.

LDV Group is now owned by SAIC Motors. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDV_Group

LDV have cut costs at the expense of fit for purpose quality and their vehicle has not lasted the warranty period. Additional Rust proofing of the vehicle has also obviously failed and not been worthwhile. After watching the video, I had to laugh at their now exposed deceptive marketing. Pretty pictures and alluring words to part fools from their money.

https://www.ldvautomotive.com.au/vehicles/ldv-t60-dual-cab-ute/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjZOr2rao8wIVg6-WCh0KDwInEAAYAiAAEgLzjvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It is a total embarassment for the LDV Group and SAIC Motors. I can only hope that there is more consumer action to impact their bottom line. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bob007 said:

Hi Guys,

Here's the follow up to that video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9tDkWrsXuk&ab_channel=AutoExpertJohnCadogan

Apart from their S-box cars, I wont buy anything chinese  and that includes phones or TVs.  :biggrin:

Actually that is really great useful advice for any car buyer. Admittedly the advice is based upon having a future discussion/battle for a warranty matter. I was more thinking of it as useful reference material if you were wanting to clarify a certain detail/specification. It could also be useful when selling the vehicle particularly if the prospective/actual purchaser wants to have as much information about the vehicle. 

I also viewed a YouTube video about current demand being greater than supply for new vehicles in the USA. Also the rise of online sales where you can now order a vehicle with your preferred options [and wait] in contrast to previously going to a dealer and being sold from what they have in stock.

With online sales, it makes sense to download the relevant webpages at the time of placing your online order. Pricing and options may only be available in a certain timeframe then those webpages will disappear.

10 hours ago, campbeam said:

I also viewed a YouTube video about current demand being greater than supply for new vehicles in the USA. Also the rise of online sales where you can now order a vehicle with your preferred options [and wait] in contrast to previously going to a dealer and being sold from what they have in stock.

Hahah, that is hillarious. Just goes to show how ignorant the Americans are. The Chinese are very cunning in that they know the Americans are so used to driving garbage cars, the LDV would be on par with the American rubbish for quality, but would be much, much cheaper than their own, so it's a no brainer. I just wish they had more sense than to enable the CCP by buying their contemptuous product. Perhaps we will wait for the shoddy after sales service and warranty debacle before they work it out.