EOI : HID KITS

vitagen

Hey guys, I spoke to the guy who got my HID KIT from and he said he can do TOCAU people a group buy,

its $250 shipped to anyone in aust for H7 size you can choose either 6000k ( white ), 8000k ( tinge of blue ), 10000k ( blue ) or 12000k ( purple )

i however need 10 people to get it at this price.

im using the 6000k ones myself and its worth the money :)

theres also a 1 year ballast & bulb replacement warranty.

thanks!

Edited by vitagen

1) Corolla install is a piece of cake, pull out old bulb, put in new.

2) brand is probably some made in china brand (having said that i sue a no frills too and they're fine). What do you expect for $250?

3) Corolla's have a serparate high and low beam bulb. (DO NOT USE hid's for high beam, they take too long to warm up the the needed intensity, it kinda deates the purpose)

3.5) Once gain, for $250 what do u expect? Combined low/hibeam kits are much pricier.

4) If ur're going to pay for HIDs don't use anything lower than 6000 K which is the optimal daylight driving temp. Lower then that you can acheive with phillips bulbs so why bother? higher then 6000 and u start getting less brightness and more blueness.

hey everyone thanks for the postive feedback, i'm currently using the 6000k bulbs on my car at the moment, the corollas have a built in deflector thing so its not glaring, i'll take pics tonite so you can see the difference, installation is veryyyyy easy, like 10 minutes?

6000k is the way to go in terms of legality, of course if u use 8000k/10000k it takes one anal cop to defect you, hence my choice, the color is very white and you wont be disappointed, yes its made in china but for $250 you cant really ask for more, but it uses the same ballast and bulbs as 'AURA' the HID brand, its not philips or hella but you cant really tell a difference, the price is the same for h1, h7, h3? but h4 is more expensive. so it will not only fit corollas but other cars as well.

ill post pics up later tonite,

thanks!

sorry forgot to add, its not advsiable to use HIDs as high beams, as kevin said takes too long to 'energise' but you can use them in fog lights too :)

Edited by vitagen

• 2 weeks later...

put me down as very intrested.....

ok a few questions apart from the colour does the brightness or visability change in different situations??? ie is 10000K better for rain and 6000 for dark areas ect????

what are alll the euro cars hids rated at ie merc, beema ect??

can i get a pic of the kit please

i might actually get a few sets off you im thinking about 4 :)

Edited by mx83toy

put me down as very intrested.....

ok a few questions apart from the colour does the brightness or visability change in different situations??? ie is 10000K better for rain and 6000 for dark areas ect????

what are alll the euro cars hids rated at ie merc, beema ect??

can i get a pic of the kit please

i might actually get a few sets off you im thinking about 4 :)

euro cars use 4800K i think or is it 4300K

something like that

I got a 6000K HID kit and its super clear and bright.

BTW - I have two mates interested in buying HID kits but they both have SW20 MR2's - what bulb size they need?

hey sorry everyone im in melbourne at the moment ill be back in perth from the 2nd of may and ill post pics etc, everything u fellow members wanna see, im using 6000k at the moment, those are probably the ones to go because its pure white with only SLIGHT blue tinge!

10000k is like quite blue/purple looks awesome but might get defected, i can get all sizes @ $250 shipped except H4 its more expensive,

so if we can get 10 sets together he will do for $250 shipped, but if its less than 10 ill see wat he can do for us!

sorry for the absence!

I wanna get the 12000Ks for me foglights...saw em on a Mazda 3 the other day...looked MAD.

Just a Q though...cause they're Violet in colour and gonna be used for the FOGs...are they still street legal? :unsure: