Oxygen sensor and brake issue

Jess03

I have a 2009 Aurion, I have recently had it scanned to to dash lights coming on, and the scan tool is saying sensor two bank two, does anyone know where I can get it replaced that doesn’t cost a arm and a leg in the south eastern suburbs Melbourne,

also have a issue when stoped at traffic lights and when I take off you can feel it dragging for about five seconds

any help with either of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Jess03

Answering the 02 sensor bit: Is the error code P0420?

If so, you can generally ignore it if you have the tool yourself to reset it. A few of us have it constantly, but it's often easier just to clear the codes whenever it comes up than it is to find a fix. I have a Lufi OBD2 gauge and it can clear the error code on the fly so I often don't even think about the actual issue anymore. But you can defs smell it when accelerating hard (like onto a hwy)

I also spoke to an exhaust technician who said the error can be ignored. The car won't be performing at its peak with that code (if the cats are actually faulty or clogged) but it's safe to ignore it. That is only for the code: P0420 though.

I’m pretty sure that’s what the error code is, I’ve had it cleared a few times and come back on five minutes, it’s been like that all year. Just thought may be time to get it changed getting sick of looking at the dash lights.

another question to ever had an issues with the foot hand brake?

6 hours ago, Twixter said:

Answering the 02 sensor bit: Is the error code P0420?

If so, you can generally ignore it if you have the tool yourself to reset it. A few of us have it constantly, but it's often easier just to clear the codes whenever it comes up than it is to find a fix. I have a Lufi OBD2 gauge and it can clear the error code on the fly so I often don't even think about the actual issue anymore. But you can defs smell it when accelerating hard (like onto a hwy)

I also spoke to an exhaust technician who said the error can be ignored. The car won't be performing at its peak with that code (if the cats are actually faulty or clogged) but it's safe to ignore it. That is only for the code: P0420 though.

6 hours ago, Jess03 said:

another question to ever had an issues with the foot hand brake?

What specific issue are you referring to? Personally, it took me a while to get used to having a foot brake instead of a hand brake. Now when I get in the girlfriend's Yaris which has a hand brake, the leg muscle memory goes into action looking for the non-existent foot brake.

I have had no issues with using the foot brake mainly because I can apply extra force [if required] to disengage the foot brake. Others have reported that the foot brake is not holding the vehicle when on a slope but this would mainly be due to the rear hand brake shoes inside the rear rotors and/or the foot brake not being correctly adjusted.

Yesterday I removed the rear rotors to check the foot brake shoes and cleaned away the brake dust. I thought about adjusting the foot brake shoes but did not. Afterwards, the foot brake was not working as effectively [presumably without the benefit of the brake dust for that extra bit of friction]. Made the effort today and went back and fully adjusted the rear brake shoes and the foot brake. Surprisingly, it spent 2 hours for the rear passenger side and ony 1/2 hour for the rear driver side. Adjusting the foot brake  only took a matter of minutes with the aid of previous experience, a deep socket and a LED light. 

The last week, when I come to a stop at lights or in traffic it feels like something is dragging when take off, pulled the brakes off yesterday to check all Thant and the calliper piston, but didn’t check the park brake as never played with them before and didn’t know where to look. 

Looks like you have already checked the brake caliper pistons and confirmed that they can move. Something for your consideration is to grease the brake caliper slide pins. I have done it on my Aurion more as preventative maintenance. In my case, I chose to use Penrite Copper Eze anti-seize grease.

13 hours ago, Jess03 said:

The last week, when I come to a stop at lights or in traffic it feels like something is dragging when take off, pulled the brakes off yesterday to check all Thant and the calliper piston, but didn’t check the park brake as never played with them before and didn’t know where to look. 

Did you check if the rear rotors were dragging? Park brake might need adjusting. 

Pull the rear wheels off and you'll see a rubber bung on the rotor hat. Remove that, line it up with the little gear wheel at the bottom (you will need a torch), and use that to adjust the resting position of the park brake shoes. You want to wind it up all the way with the footbrake OFF so that the rotor can't move, and then back it off a bit until it can spin freely. 

• 2 weeks later...