Drive belt replace

Priyantha

Hi there, Firstly, you will need to know what engine you have ( V6 or 4 Cyl), then your year of manufacture and you can search it up on Ebay. Most auto parts stores are now selling on Ebay among other third party sellers. In your case, it would also help to provide your VIN to be able to determine the part more accurately. Some sellers will ask for your VIN, even Toyota. I have purchased many genuine Toyota parts from Toyota dealers directly from Ebay. I like the convenience of having it delivered, rather than waste time fighting traffic to get to them. For a few bucks more, delivery is a better option for me.

Regarding the tensioner. If you are not experiencing any belt slippage now, it may not be necessary, but given the age of your vehicle, it may come into play at some point into the near future. I would be inclined to replace it now while you are in there so you don't have to do the job twice when it does start to lose its tension.

On 10/11/2021 at 1:18 PM, Priyantha said:

Hi all,

I am planning to replace the drive belts of RAV4 2011

Where can I buy the belt? DO I have to replace the tensioner also?

Any comments?

Unless you have an issue with the tensioner, there is no need to replace it. On the 2GR-FE this is an automatic tensioner. I've found that for things like belts and filters the cost of a genuine Toyota part is not much more or the same as aftermarket from the likes of Ebay. You're always better to go genuine if you can. 

8 hours ago, nzzr6 said:

I've found that for things like belts and filters the cost of a genuine Toyota part is not much more or the same as aftermarket from the likes of Ebay. You're always better to go genuine if you can. 

Or OEM manufacturers such as Gates Belts. They make high quality stuff.