no cabin filter location

xuliH

14 hours ago, xuliH said:

i got 06 hilux sr and where the cabin filter goes there no removable cover just a blank plate that cant be removed 

If you do a search of this Forum you may be able to locate the post where a member has cut away that blank plate and fitted a cabin filter.

Your choice whether you think that it is worthwhile or accept that your vehicle does not have a cabin filter. 

On 10/13/2021 at 7:47 PM, xuliH said:

i got 06 hilux sr and where the cabin filter goes there no removable cover just a blank plate that cant be removed 

It is really dumb of Toyota not making this standard by 2006 standards. It appears that they only started to include a cabin filter at the end of the 2006 production year as some have reported and those without one have actually cut the rectangle access blanking plate out and then purchased the door from Toyota or from a wrecker. There is provision to slide a filter in there, you just need to open it.

Have a read of these related threads I found.

https://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=907&start=40

4 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

It is really dumb of Toyota not making this standard by 2006 standards. It appears that they only started to include a cabin filter at the end of the 2006 production year as some have reported and those without one have actually cut the rectangle access blanking plate out and then purchased the door from Toyota or from a wrecker. There is provision to slide a filter in there, you just need to open it.

Have a read of these related threads I found.

https://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=907&start=40

Utes/commercials (especially not the loaded top-spec models) tend to be the last models to get the small creature-comforts that you come to expect in passenger cars.  Just look at how ancient the interior of the 70-series Land Cruiser is, it's like a time-warp back to 1999.  Hell, even the current model is advertised on the Toyota website as having dual airbags and a collapsible steering column as if they've just been invented.

5 hours ago, Hiro said:

it's like a time-warp back to 1999.  Hell, even the current model is advertised on the Toyota website as having dual airbags and a collapsible steering column as if they've just been invented.

It makes me laugh too mate !  😄