Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene Flex Wax

KAA

OK I have been wanting to use this product and then do a report about my experience with it. Now I am not in the league of an expert in detailing but I must admit I do enjoy learning about new products and giving them a try out. So for a first time use of the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene Flex Wax I found it bloody awesome, the ease of use the end results show for themselves in the attached Pictures. The idea that the product can be used in 3 ways makes it a perfect addition to my cleaning supplies. I used the First method of a Base Coat applied on a very clean and dry car using the smallest amount on the applicator pad and then micro fibre buffed off to leave a extremely high gloss silky smooth finish. The other application methods I think I will try next wash, method 2 is to wash the car well and while wet apply 2 small sprays per panel and with a cloth buff dry, or method 3 while wet spray 2 light sprays and then using high pressure water spread and wash off. I guess that is why it is called flex wax as it is a very flexible product and does allow for any level of experience, as if you do find you have applied too much you use a damp micro fibre cloth to level it out before buffing it off

So hope any who are wondering about trying the new Turtle Wax products I suugest giving them a try, but follow the instructions closely as a little will go a very long way.

Keep Safe

KAA

20211029_135126.jpg

20211029_135050.jpg

20211029_135032_1.jpg

20211029_135115_1.jpg

20211029_135102.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Mate, Well Turtle Wax say 8 -12 months if you just apply one base coating, but the beauty of this product from TW is you can use it 3 ways 1: Base Coating when the car is clean and dry. 2: As a topper spayed on while car is wet and wiped in then dried off 3: as topper sprayed on washed off then dried.

So I have used it when washing the car just to top up the base coat and really helps as a drying agent as well as adding to protection. TW have really lifted their product range with a lot of new products due to hit our shores in 2022. So far mate since applying the Flex Wax it is fantastic, the car feels so slick and washing "Faye" as we call our beauty looks perfect and is way easier to keep that way.

I recommend you try it out but as with anything new read the directions well

Keep Safe Merry Christmas

KAA

On 10/29/2021 at 9:43 PM, KAA said:

OK I have been wanting to use this product and then do a report about my experience with it. Now I am not in the league of an expert in detailing but I must admit I do enjoy learning about new products and giving them a try out.

When they first announced it I too was eager but it took over a year for it to arrive here and when it finally did, the price was horrendous, so I sat back and waited. I came across a deal on Amazon that eclipsed that of the regular suspects and purchased two bottles. They sat on my shelf for a few months and then decided to start using it on my Colorado some 6 months ago.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:43 PM, KAA said:

The idea that the product can be used in 3 ways makes it a perfect addition to my cleaning supplies. I used the First method of a Base Coat applied on a very clean and dry car using the smallest amount on the applicator pad and then micro fibre buffed off to leave a extremely high gloss silky smooth finish. The other application methods I think I will try next wash, method 2 is to wash the car well and while wet apply 2 small sprays per panel and with a cloth buff dry, or method 3 while wet spray 2 light sprays and then using high pressure water spread and wash off.

In order to get the best of this product and others like it is to do a full chemical decontamination. After the car has been washed and dried, you'll run your hand over the paint and if it feels rough then you have fallout contamination which needs two things. First, a chemical decon to remove the iron fallout and Second, a clay to fully mop up the residual fallout. You can use a sudsy car wash foam for the clay lube if you don't want to buy a dedicated clay lube. There are many options for this.
Once you have a baby butt smooth surface, you can then proceed with a panel wipe prior to the installation of the foundation coat.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/gyeon-q2m-iron-500ml.html

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/gyeon-q2m-prep-500ml.html

Once the car has been coated, give it 24hrs to cure and if you want, you can even apply a second coat the next day. The second coat doesn't require as much as the first and the results will amaze.

The "top up" coats as they refer to would be best served in the way of using the product as a drying aid rather than the spray and rinse method, which is wasteful and does not provide a uniform application.

After you wash the car, and you have your favourite microfiber drying cloth in hand, just spritz the wet surface and proceed to dry. As you dry, you distribute the product evenly while you dry and in this way there is no friction to deal with and potential marring of the surface. Win win.
I firmly believe that we should always use a drying aid whilst drying the paint. Use your favourite sealant, there are plenty to choose from. TW make it so easy with their Hybrid Solutions Pro Range, so I have many to choose from.

17 hours ago, KAA said:

Turtle Wax say 8 -12 months if you just apply one base coating,

I'm not too sure about the claim it lasting 12 months though. That range would be best case scenario for a vehicle that isn't a daily driver and is parked in a garage. All the product makers love to make that claim but it's very subjective.

For a daily driven car, I would estimate around 4 to 6 months tops with a single coat. The tops of the car will almost certainly dwindle way before the sides. I know this for a fact, so when I do my maintenance wash and drying aid stage, I like to give more to the "Tops" rather than the sides so it can compete equally if that makes sense.

On a side note, don't be shy with the product either. You can use it on glass, plastic trim and chrome. Give the whole a car a bath in the stuff so it can have a proper halo of protection over the whole thing. UV is a very bad thing for cars if it's not protected correctly.

• Thanks 1

Great review Tony my friend, I have totally enjoyed the look the feel and the shine since using the Flex Wax. I was fortunate enough to be gifted the first bottle as a present from my beautiful wife who loves to sit and watch as I slave and spoil with love our "Faye". I then saw an excellent special on Flex so bought a second bottle. Like you said everything can be graphene coated and I must say the lasting effect on tyres and alloys is such a surprise.

Thanks for the review I am awaiting the newest products hitting our shore, buying them will depend on how much they wish to slam us price wise, but the slick and slide car wash is the one I will most likely give a shot.

Hugs mate stay safe and strong 

Happy Christmas 2021 and may 2022 be our year fresh new and a lot safer

KAA

• Thanks 1

You're too kind Rob. The photos never do it justice, but I know exactly where you're coming from. The look and feel is wonderful and when you encounter the first bit of rain, it's like.. Ahhhh... Sooo Niice !!! Those tight little beads makes it all worthwhile !

I must confess though. I mentioned I purchased two bottles, and when I checked, it turns out I got three instead. 😁
Here's a small sample of my stash lol..

I need counselling, I know. It's a terrible affliction :laugh:

20210616_164600.thumb.jpg.3949ba50620ca5c2dceaaa891fdeb089.jpg

20210616_164518.thumb.jpg.d0b004bb2299f600d1f9654e3307a356.jpg

20210604_170405.thumb.jpg.c3c51aef5884dfb5239b3e190e31f7f1.jpg

20210626_101718.thumb.jpg.bb0ec6b78c6c43bf054e3d8761277711.jpg

20210421_175001.thumb.jpg.509fd0bdc9ba1737c5ebb12d6d00a456.jpg

20210624_030533.thumb.jpg.c0a4225e110a1a274213c81872575043.jpg

20200423_153359.thumb.jpg.e0486b8c2a38aca5088e786be498d221.jpg20201002_160526.thumb.jpg.6a9c28ec09b7a22cdc59d82516cb08a7.jpg

These Nova Jet Products, I'll do a review on later.....

20210421_174143.thumb.jpg.3bda83219b2522f522be686c7083e833.jpg  20210421_174134.thumb.jpg.c374a4873cb8ed36f43498809ee28ca2.jpg  20210421_174123.thumb.jpg.bd1ba99c3798521f7856d2acdff02338.jpg 

• Haha 1

Wow now that is an addiction Tony!!! I doubt there is any counselling or vaccine that will fix it!!! LOL

Well I am sure all will get used at some stage by you but I went through my own stash and discarded sever older 3/4 used products and replaced with fresh new shiny ones, your the detail Guru so Ty for sharing your personal battle with addiction made me smile and think damn I am not so bad after all.

Hugggs Mate be safe and enjoy Christmas and the year ahead

KAA

• Haha 1