CES Cold Air Intake System

Hey Peoples I bought one of the long awaited CES CAI kits yesterday from trevor and slaved away fitting it last night (couldnt wait til the weekend) and OMG how tough does it sound ROOOOOOAAARRRR.

The fit and finish of this product is as you would expect from one of Australia's premier fabrication shops just excellent.

The part came in full HPC coating and definatley keeps the temps down. Im told it makes some quite high HP figures on the dyno too but I backed that up with a a race last night against my mates turbo silvia and I pulled a full car at top of 3rd gear

post-1520-1144302231_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ads by Google Air Intake AEM intake Injen Intake

Even google knows there are cheaper alternatives out there that provide the same "Noise" and gains :lol:

Edited by MotoMan

I dont know if anyone has noticed but when ever a CES product/tread is put down, it seems to be from people from interstate.... MAYBE from now on we should only discuss CES products in a Queensland section that could be set up. Just to stop any further whinging? Or us QLDer's keep our performance mods to ourselves??? :(

Just a suggestion :unsure:

Nobody said anything about an individual giving their thoughts on their own new purchase/mod.

44gze - glad you're happy with your purchase. Hope you keep your licence though :P

well now you have the CAI you will have to make another trip out to willowbank and see what difference it makes ;)

I've got a new clutch in the superlemon now so we can have a run :P

or a slow SILVER..... :P

You end up selling the Chaser... ?

Edited by Azza

Jason for sure hey Im just happy with annoying fellow motorists with lift noise lol you should hear it reverberate around the high rises in surfers lol

Jason shouldnt be too hard to improve on the time i did last time, the engine is much more responsive then when it had 800klms on iut last time up there lol

Jason for sure hey Im just happy with annoying fellow motorists with lift noise lol you should hear it reverberate around the high rises in surfers lol

Jason shouldnt be too hard to improve on the time i did last time, the engine is much more responsive then when it had 800klms on iut last time up there lol

You got any other airway mods

Sold my chaser in November last year. It's replacement is almost finished, should be a lot quicker than the chaser was as it's 300kg lighter and will have about 30kw at the wheels more. Much more of a sleeper too ;)

Well I gave up on the supercharger route with the Blitz kit its just too expensive but I am looking into the possibility of a set of camshafts but doing some investigating of the performance gains available, my insurance will cover any mod as long as its legal so thats my guidline to stick by.

Any ideas people

Nobody said anything about an individual giving their thoughts on their own new purchase/mod.

44gze - glad you're happy with your purchase. Hope you keep your licence though :P

:) Agreed. :D Well done dude. Which filter did you end up going with?

Even google knows there are cheaper alternatives out there that provide the same "Noise" and gains :lol:

sorry mate, but in injen is too small for the 2zz and the CES CAI made 4-5kw more peak power then the TRD so looks like google is not as good as it seems...

sorry mate, but in injen is too small for the 2zz and the CES CAI made 4-5kw more peak power then the TRD so looks like google is not as good as it seems...

This was ofcourse tested at an independant dyno under the same conditions on the same car right northy :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

or you could grow a thicker skin? :rolleyes:

:huh: ever since i joined the site, EVERY single tread that had something mentioned about a CES product was flamed with nay sayers, who just couldnt believe that the product worked. Every person who has seen, heard, driven in a Stivo with the CES equipment have witnessed the difference.

It just seems that unless certain people are actually able to touch the components they just wont believe that they work.

Those who can do, and those who cant criticise................

I had an injen i got 5kW atw's from it. i also have the dyno sheet. the trd piping is the same diametre as the one of injen, and my injen intake outperformed the trd on dyno day, not to mention drag day as well.

I thought people werent allowed to advertise on the forums on behalf of other people, does that mean im allowed to advertise my store for FREE?

Hi, im northy i have CES stuff in my car, i know it all, i have an apexi power FC (ooooo soo much power) yet can only run a 15.2 second quarter and not only that but to fry his engine as well. Not to mention also took credit to me beating the type S but no need to go there...

i did 14.89 with just an intake alone, can you? put all the CES sh|3t in u like. good luck

Edited by BanGn

back to back dyno's, same dyno, same time, same settings

what engine coolant temp was logged on the stock ECU'd car in the two runs? Was it even recorded with an obd2 scanner? was it the same filter? was the Ecu reset before each run?

I'll tell you all what I'm prepared to offer....

If someone has a sportivo, and can supply a TRD intake and CES intake and any other intake you like, I will personally pay to have them dyno tested on an independant dyno at Crossley Street and Race engineering on their current dyno dynamics machine in shootout mode in a proper controlled environment. eg, same filter, same engine temp via scan tool, same intake temp, ecu reset before each run, same fuel used, same mufflers used, EVERYTHING controlled.

Coolant temp alone makes at least a 4kw difference with the stock ECU.