CES Cold Air Intake System

My turn...

As a QLD TOCAU'er that has NO CES products on my car, I will say that I have seen heaps of satisfied QLD members with CES gear, and as mentioned, they are all happy. Does this become a situation of promotion...??? No, merely people recommending a product & service that they spent good money on and have enjoyed as well as being extremely satisfied with.

I'm not going to get into the pro's and cons of the gains/losses/difference and the technical side of the comparison because this has been covered many times over with no success as everyone will always had differing opions and experiences.

My thoughts are this. I have been in Sportivo's with CES gear, and comparing them to stock models like my own, I have felt the difference (and heard)... I have also been in Sportivo's with Non-CES mods (ie other branded exhaust systems) and have I felt the difference? In some cases yes.

The question that everybody has to ask themself is this. Would I spend my money on this product? As mentioned, there has not been any unhappy CES customers here in QLD, so for me, my respose would be that I would certainly consider it. Being a married man, owned by the Nazi dictator that is my wife, then I can see it happening soon :P (SB & Northy will know what I mean)

I think the answer is a very simple one:

QLD people (and non-QLD satisfied CES customers), if you are happy, then feel free to spread the word and gloat if you have proven gains.

Non-CES customers, if you have not seen, tried, traveled or experienced a CES mod, then you have no right to bag it.

I feel that the personal attacks are unwarranted, and should cease.

As I said, I do not have any CES mods, but after seeing the response from the customers of this business I know here in QLD, then it is certainly a possibility for a future purchase (wife permitting)

One last thing. Jason: I would gladly take you up on the free Dyno runs, but I have only a standard airbox. Maybe if the boys here can lend me a couple of CAI's (both a CES & TRD) then you can use my car for sure as the rest of the car is still mechanically un-modded.... (If my wife hadn't have just made me order a new PC then I could have bought a CAI for myself....damn!!!)

Anyway..stay cool and everyone have fun :P

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey the CES looks pretty good.

I thought if the piping is bigger than standard intake piping, the MAF much up the timing? Plenty of US Celi owners are having thsi problem because the Injen and AEM 1st gen is bigger than std (same reason as to what CES find I would say) and the MAF went error.

Not dissing CES here, I jsut want to know how to get around this, or could it be just fine?

I think it's time this thread was shut down....

44gze, hope you enjoy the pipework bro....you may have to ake a cruise to Brissy one Thursday night to show it off....

I think it's time this thread was shut down....

44gze, hope you enjoy the pipework bro....you may have to ake a cruise to Brissy one Thursday night to show it off....

I agree, lets all go talk about rice or chrome? :lol:

since the letters " C E S " is such a **** stirrer amongst this forum, than let this forum never hear of or read of these words....unless there is a definite need for it

if ppl wanna buy/enquire about CES products than they know where to find it... "google" is ur best friend...

i wont add the CES link incase it causes ANOTHER **** stir... :lol:

remember ppl... FUK JDM AUDM YO!

:lol:

p.s. as for the info regarding the dyno output of various intake brands, in due course all will be revealed :)

peace

I really cant see what any of the fuss is about here.

We're talking about our Corolla's guys. They are purpose built and performance wise they're pretty well maxed out unless your going to pull the engine down and rebuild with a very large wallet.

At 28k, i've brought a comforatble economical commuter which i can put 4 ppl and some luggage in if need be. Not a track weapon.

A set of rims, lowering and an exhaust have given it some street cred and is abit of a head turner.

I can blow off garden variety 4's, 6's and 8's at the lights and still take grandma to church in style and comfort on Sunday (so to speak).

For me to go out and spend near to 10k (or more) on mods to achive such a small improvement seems ludacris.

If you wanna build a track weapon that you can drive on the street, spend your 28k on a 18 month old WRX and put 5 grand into it or even a late model modded R33. Then you'll have a something thats really fit for the track, strip or street!

Horses for courses guys.

That is the most intelligent thing said in this forum.

AMEN!!!!!

OK peoples time to take control of my thread that I STARTED......

Ok I am a mechanic by trade and did my apprenticeship at an exhaust shop an I am a qualified welder. I chose to change my career but I have the skills in my ****nal to appraise fine craftsmanship when i see it.

Here are the facts......... I luke (44gze) purchased first a cat back system from Trevor at CES. The reasons for my purchase were simple....... Keeping a Toyota Twincam quiet is very difficult while keeping the flow up. I use the vehicle for daily driving and use a car kit im on the phone alot so keeping the system quiet is paramount. I auditioned one of these systems on a cruise and was impressed at the sound and look + quoted power.

I made my purchase based upon personal experience and quality of product not cause anyone wanted me to. This company manufactured and tested different prototypes to acheive the result and I was happy with the product.

I then decided to get the Cold Air intake after weighing up the available options. There seem to be alot of people on this site who seem to be aggitated at the mention of one particular Workshop who has obviously a loyal group of followers who like and promote the work.

It would seem there are alot of the budget brigade who like extreme value for money and will pick and piece their car together with miss matched components which is great. I and obviously alot of other guys have through trial and error decided to go with a competent workshop to fabricate and test a great product to suit the car.

This should be the individuals decision and this is supposed to be a free section to post ones ideas and experiences not a bitch session, please dont override my post with crap that wasnt asked for you to input.

Anyways I like my mods and I definatly feel an increase in power over the previous setup I am getting the car serviced today and I will get it dyno'd to let you know the increase.

The car was dynoed stock with 1600km on the engine at the tafe dyno and it made 103.3kw @ the wheels stock so we will see the difference

It would seem there are alot of the budget brigade who like extreme value for money and will pick and piece their car together with miss matched components which is great. I and obviously alot of other guys have through trial and error decided to go with a competent workshop to fabricate and test a great product to suit the car.

I guess i'm the leader of said budget brigade... having said that i've moved on from povo modding and need the mantle to be passed to someone else. Luke if u're interested you may have this honourable title and the simota racing performance sticker it comes with :P

Good luck with the mods!

BTW, this was the final upgrade to bling rolla. Those who stop harping on will get a free one

The final power mod!

I guess i'm the leader of said budget brigade... having said that i've moved on from povo modding and need the mantle to be passed to someone else. Luke if u're interested you may have this honourable title and the simota racing performance sticker it comes with :P

Good luck with the mods!

BTW, this was the final upgrade to bling rolla. Those who stop harping on will get a free one

The final power mod!

Ive actually seen one of the Turbonator's in a SSS pulsar. It actually improved airlow and sound of the exhaust dramatically. Dont knwo about performace

back to back dyno's, same dyno, same time, same settings

what engine coolant temp was logged on the stock ECU'd car in the two runs? Was it even recorded with an obd2 scanner? was it the same filter? was the Ecu reset before each run?

I'll tell you all what I'm prepared to offer....

If someone has a sportivo, and can supply a TRD intake and CES intake and any other intake you like, I will personally pay to have them dyno tested on an independant dyno at Crossley Street and Race engineering on their current dyno dynamics machine in shootout mode in a proper controlled environment. eg, same filter, same engine temp via scan tool, same intake temp, ecu reset before each run, same fuel used, same mufflers used, EVERYTHING controlled.

Coolant temp alone makes at least a 4kw difference with the stock ECU.

i think that's a good idea. sounds like a fair deal.

anyone up for it?

I'm willing to donate my AEM for the test and run around with my stock airbox for a couple of weeks (cringe)

I'll even pay return postage if you want...