Drying Cloths/Towels

KAA

Hi all, I consider myself a very lucky man to have 2 wonderful beauties in my life, One I am fortunate enough to be married to and the other I am fortunate enough to own. I always try to treat both with love consideration and great care and attention. I recently went online to see what new products and microfibre towels are out and prices, checking out some of the bigger auto supply stores and Bunnings, I have tons of smaller Microfibre cloths all for various jobs but I was shocked at how much they rip us off for drying cloths/towels. The average prices I saw were anything from $13.00 upwards to $50.00 !!!!! So I checked out Kmart while awaiting my beloved (who was trying on clothes "Yawn") and discovered  a drying towel of a decent size for only $4.50, Ok maybe not made by bejewelled beautiful women sitting hand stitching the seams but decent enough to dry water off a car. So if your after something that is OK and will do the job well give them a try, as no way will I pay the crazy prices they ask for a drying towel just to clear water off a car. Now if it washed waxed polished and detailed the car while wiping water off then OK but it is a piece of material so save the hip pocket I say and spend that hard earned money on decent products and tools

KAA

Edited by KAA
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

My apologies Rob. I haven't visited this section of the forum for ages till now. Just saw your post.

I know exactly what you mean, but you have to consider quality over quantity sometimes especially when it comes to microfiber cloths.

I have an extensive range of cloths ranging from the cheap and nasty to the most amazing, luxurious cloths. Each type of microfiber cloth will serve it's purpose.

As a general rule of thumb, the cheapest cloths are usually just a general purpose use item and mostly a throw away once it's contaminated. The more expensive cloths, those being for applying and buffing off sealants and polishes and drying the paint, will tend to be more expensive and can be washed many times over to help maintain their longevity. The quality cloths will not harm the paint as the cheap ones can tend to do. Paint marring can be a problem with the cheaper cloths so you need to consider the application of the cloth before using it.

I don't typically buy my cloths from outlet stores, because I really need quality for my game. Bunnings usually have a throw away pack on display at the register as you exit, and I like to grab a pack occasionally to use as sacrificial cleaning cloths or wipe my hands with.

If you want top notch microfiber, The Rag Company have some of the best products on the market derived from high quality Korean microfiber. There are many other companies on the band wagon, but my collection are mainly from The Rag Company. There are several pro detailing shops I deal with here in Sydney and Melbourne and I think I have enough to last for a very long time. That's not to say that I wouldn't buy anymore, Of course I would. You can never have enough I reckon.

Amazon has also been quite a good source of cloths too.

Once my new shed is built, I will have a dedicated cupboard just for microfiber cloths all arranged in my OCD fashion, just to keep it all organised and contamination free 😄

Here are a few videos I chose from my favourite detailing channel, The Forensics Detailing Channel, that can help explain the various aspects of Microfiber. He goes into some detail here being a three part series, but well worth the watch if you can make time.

Happy viewing :thumbsup:

Hi Tony, Well as usual your the man for detailing, I have 3 top notch quality drying towels but when I saw the K Mart towel for its price I went and grabbed 3 more, I use them for a few areas but initial dry down after a wash it is leaf blower then the good towels and then the cheap ones for say the wheels grill under the bonnet and boot lid door frame interior areas, I am not too worried as the Flex wax seems to have it nearly dry just from the leaf blower and if they do get marked they can be used for garage towels. Your supply is awesome mate and I bet once the garage is sorted it will be heaven for your OCD.

Can't wait for the Pictures of the inside collections all in their neat and tidy places mate

Hugs

KAA