Cabin filter cover plate

Rimsy

Does anyone know where I could source a new cabin air filter cover plate (besides the dealership)? I can't find a part number in the service manual.

I replaced the cabin filter today and the cover plate is missing. Not sure it works that well when it's not sealed.

Any advice appreciated.

Edited by Rimsy

Adam I would think besides genuine parts your only option would be a wrecker, many even if they don't have one, they can source one from another online, so check a few of those you may get lucky, if not then you may have to do the online searching yourself mate and yes I think not being sealed it would still work but not to it's best.

Good Luck

KAA

Thanks Robert. I've tried searching online and I can only find ones in USA.

I'll call the dealership tomorrow and see what they want for it.

Not many wreckers around where I am but can't hurt to try.

UPDATE!

Dealership has to order it in but it's only $5.30 so no need to look anywhere else.

Thank you for all the advice. A very friendly and helpful community.

I always assume the worst and think the dealership will just rip me off but Canberra Toyota has come through for me again.

19 hours ago, Sebastian Woodhouse said:

better than duct taping up a service item.

22 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

You can just use some duct tape in the meantime.

I meant that as a temporary solution to close the opening whilst he's out looking for a cover, not a permanent solution.

18 hours ago, Rimsy said:

I always assume the worst and think the dealership will just rip me off but Canberra Toyota has come through for me again.

Dealerships don't set out to rip anyone off. The pricing is set to reflect the supply and demand. Some parts are expensive and some aren't. If you want Genuine parts, sometimes it's the price we have to pay otherwise try looking for a second hand item or after market, if you can get them.

@Tony Prodigy I probably should have been clearer, temporary no worries, but so many people leave this kind of “fix” in place forever so subsequent owners end up with both the initial problem and the “fix”.  Things like siliconed up sunroofs or drilling holes in taillights instead of making new seal-gaskets etc etc..

11 hours ago, Sebastian Woodhouse said:

@Tony Prodigy I probably should have been clearer, temporary no worries, but so many people leave this kind of “fix” in place forever so subsequent owners end up with both the initial problem and the “fix”.  Things like siliconed up sunroofs or drilling holes in taillights instead of making new seal-gaskets etc etc..

I agree. There are some who could care less and do a bodge job rather than take the time and seek out the correct solution. I remember in the bad old days, those aftermarket pop up sunroofs (yuk. I always hated those.), and the amount of cars you come across that had the outer ring smeared in silicon,  made me laugh every time. If you had to have a sunroof, nothing beat a factory sunroof, even though they too had their fair share of issues. But the lesser of the two evils for sure.

It's a good thing the O.P wants to do this properly. It would bug me not having it right too.