105 Landcruiser Ignition Lock Cylinder Rod Broken

Deadweight

Hi all,

The ignition lock cylinder rod shaft in my 105 Series Landcruiser snapped yesterday - having a look around the internet and it seems to be a common enough issue but did not find any good info on replacement parts. Basically it's the piece that runs between the ignition barrel/key and the ignition switch.

Still haven't fished the broken part out of the steering column assembly, but hoping I can get it out soon. I spoke with Toyota today and they think the replacement part is discontinued although are following it up. I believe the replacement is part number
4528060470, which includes a whole new bracket assembly for the steering column, not just the rod but if that's the way I have to go then that's ok. I can buy just the rod from overseas sellers, but I need the car for work so I am desperate to get it back on the road as soon as possible. Time constraints also mean I'll probably have to get a mechanic to install it rather than do it myself.

Has anyone on this forum had this issue before? Seems to be common with all 105/100 Cruisers between 1998-2002. I spoke with a couple of mechanics today as well but they had never seen the problem. If anyone can provide me with any information at all I can take back to Toyota or an indie mechanic it would be really greatly appreciated. I'm located on the Gold Coast.

Cheers!

Edited by Deadweight

• 7 months later...