Advice wheel alignment issue

Lachlan04

I have just had a suspension lift done on my 2002 Hi Lux KZN 165R series 4WD turbo diesel tray.  After fitting new larger mud tyres the tyre fitters couldn't get the wheel alignment correct.  I've been advised that fitting an upper control arm may assist with improving the wheel alignment errors.  The inquiries I've mad to date is (Pedders, ARB and a few other suppliers) are that control arms aren't available for any Hi Luxes built prior to 2005.  Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  

So the suspension shop went ahead and took your money without offering the correct advice it seems. Why does this not surprise me.

I think if you're going to dabble with suspension, especially with what you've done, I'd do plenty of research into any pitfalls or after effects before laying down that hard earned cash mate.

I'm sure there is a solution as the very essence of a Hilux is that it can be modified to suit everyone's needs. If I come across anything, I'll get back to you.

Hello Tony Prodigy,  thanks for your reply and advice.  The local business that fitted the suspension lift reckoned "it's the only Hi Lux they've seen of that vintage that has had any difficulties with wheel alignment issues after being lifted".  You are correct though, it would've been good to have known beforehand.  The cost of the lift and the new mud 16" tyres was significant.  It's actually my son's vehicle and he uses it for some off road use, I'm pretty much trying to find a solution for him as I'd like to get it corrected somehow.   I would reckon there must be other '02 utes out there that have had similar lifts, just having a lot of difficulty sourcing upper control arms that supposedly will correct the alignment issue. I appreciate your kind offer that if you can find anything out there you will get back to me.  

Looks like you may need some custom suspension mods to correct the issue. I have no idea who does such things, but I'm sure they're out there.

I'd strongly suggest searching out info via the 4x4 forums. Talk to the fanatics. I'll bet money someone there would have a solution. This forum isn't really 4x4 off-road focused to be honest mate.

I wish you and your Family a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year.

Let us know how you go. :thumbsup:

Thanks again Tony Prodigy,  I'll try your suggestion of making inquiries through a 4 x 4 forum.  We hadn't thought of that option.

If I receive any solutions to the wheel alignment issue I'll post the results on this site.

A very Safe New Year to you and yours as well.

Bye for now.

• 4 weeks later...