Echo 2zz conversion

Grey-Rolla

Hey guys my friend has a 03 Echo and he wants to do a 2zz conversion. We know thats its possible but will it be hard? We got a quote for 5000 complete ready to drive away. I was wondering if any else have had this experience. Please give me a detailed outline if possible.

Cheers grey :P

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes boyz thats including labour and parts, my friend is going on with it. In the beginning they wanted 5000 with abit of a bargain my friend got it down to 4000k. I cant wait for it to finish its gonna take a week.

He will be crusing with us sydney boyz then the cars is done. I rekon it will be fast. The Mechanic guru promised a 14 second car.

cheers all i will keep u updated. :P

Noop he went and got the engine at the wreckers for 2500k. The egine from west suburbs, i went with him to the wreckers, it has less then 50000 ks on it clock and is from a back 03 sportivo. It was also done up with trd suspension and stuff. So if any og u guy want trd springs, or could be coilover head down there. Its at Chipping Norton.

I will keep u guys posted.

:huh:

he got the engine himself? or is it part of the 5 now $4000?

sorry I'm in shock that you could theoretically get away with a monster echo 2zz for less then 15g's.

I thought engine conversions were massively more expensive. it's quite alot of labour and work to do a conversion like that, plus ALOT of other parts need upgrading as well.

I'd almost be prepared to bet $4000 that the conversion will not be completed in a week, I bet it will take them at lest a month until the shop gives up on the wiring after they can't get around the factory immobiliser..

$4K is very cheap if the enigine pack was $2500... labour, fluids, filters, custom AC and PS lines, custom wiring, any other custom items... for a conversion like this to be done properly it usually adds up to around $10K or more. I've done enough conversions to have some indication of what a job like this costs. I've seen many conversions by workshops get an initial quote of around $5K, and blow out to $15-18K total, and in some cases still not be running. eg, simple 2JZGTE conversion into a GA70 supra... "couple of week" swap blew out to a year, then the customer took the car with the wiring not completed as they couldn't figure it out...

Yeah i know, thats what im thinking too, well they promised 4000k for everything. I have a mechanic friend that could also do the conversion for a good price around 2500k, but due to the fact that there might be complications they want to research first before carrying on, but at the same time my friends in a rush in getting it done. And yes boyz its come with a SIX SPEED BOX, i rekon it will be hard for him to get traction since the car is so damnz light. But when its done i will tell come crusing with us, and maybe he can benchmark XOOMZ lil beast. kekeke

Cheers mate.

2zzecho.jpg

Shao that engine bays looks scarry hahahaha.

I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade. But the fact that your mate is keen to have it done in a hurry is almost as dangerous as having a workshop that hasn't attempted this conversion before attempt it . . . . with his car as the guinea pig.

As Rollamods said, 1 week will turn into 1 year, and the company wont want to know him when it ****s itself (if they even get it running).

By all means, go hard, and it will be an awesome car, but I wouldn't be budgeting any less than about $10-$12k for this conversion.

Edited by -JC-

I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade. But the fact that your mate is keen to have it done in a hurry is almost as dangerous as having a workshop that hasn't attempted this conversion before attempt it . . . . with his car as the guinea pig.

As Rollamods said, 1 week will turn into 1 year, and the company wont want to know him when it ****s itself (if they even get it running).

By all means, go hard, and it will be an awesome car, but I wouldn't be budgeting any less than about $10-$12k for this conversion.

No the place that hes getting it done has done once before, is it my friend that hasnt coz they normally deal with turbos and supercharges and they also dont have the time.

Just to clear things up, even though my friend hasnt dont it before i believe they will be more reliable then those guys that are currently doing that conversion, ive seen them do there work and they are pretty good, there might be complications but i know they will be able to find a solution.

Hey guys i was wondering what would be the hardest thing to sort out in this engine conversion????

wiring is definately the hardest part for a mechanical workshop. PFC is the easiest option, but adds an additional $1500ish including tuning on top of the $500 or so for the custom loom. so the magic $4K swap instantly turns into a $6K swap.

the internet doesn't help for getting around the stock ECU's immobiliser. The diagrams are out there, but they do not assist with disabling the good factory immobiliser. To get it running they need the sportivo's matched coded key, and the ignition barrel to get it to run. You can get away with just part of the barrel and the key along with a little other trickery, but I'll let the workshop try to figure that out themselves.

lets see in a week if it's running ;)

mate getting around the immobolisher is easy , just get are ecu from the us,make sure u get 00, 01 model as it has are higher rpm(8400) problem solved, wiring shouldn,t be that hard, since the echo has vvti, so it will be missing the wires for the all important lift, so probably end up using the echo harness, but im finding it hard to believe u got are 2zz with gearbox for 2500, when i was looking for mine, u couldn't touch it under 4k just for engine, and who is doing the install for 4k(got are name of the shop and number),1 week yeah right,i bet money on it, just waiting for custom stuff to come will pass that.

anyway gl

mate getting around the immobolisher is easy , just get are ecu from the us,make sure u get 00, 01 model as it has are higher rpm(8400) problem solved, wiring shouldn,t be that hard, since the echo has vvti, so it will be missing the wires for the all important lift, so probably end up using the echo harness, but im finding it hard to believe u got are 2zz with gearbox for 2500, when i was looking for mine, u couldn't touch it under 4k just for engine, and who is doing the install for 4k(got are name of the shop and number),1 week yeah right,i bet money on it, just waiting for custom stuff to come will pass that.

anyway gl

Looks like not much room to spare in that echo:)

yer these things always take longer and cost more !

$4000 is way too cheap and if the wreckers let that 2zz got for $2500 they should be shot, when i was looking for one best i could get $4000 with 60,000km on the clock and that was for engine only...also you would need to modify things like the suspension also?? what about the brakes? 2zz on stock echo brakes = suicide.....

when i was looking for one best i could get $4000 with 60,000km

Apparently Micky_tee offered you a 2zz motor for $2000 and it only had 18,000k's on it, but you declined it.

Edited by oO_CorollaSportivo03_Oo