Echo 2zz conversion

Grey-Rolla

come on guys its not my car, its are 2zz , i no wat are 2zz look like, hell i got 1 in my car

hey i didnt believe this guy when said he was going to do it, but until i seen it , things change.

cheers

Edited by ralyrt

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Has this project advanced yet..... I'm still interested to see it finished.

Maybe it might make it to Brisbane for the Drag Day against the Mazda's....

man thats a tight fit, i'd hate to be working on that car if something goes wrong. not saying something will go wrong but if something does go wrong it will be very difficult to work with.

that said i'm also interested to see how it turns out and wouldn't mind seeing it in action either.

best of luck to the bloke though.

With the 2zz and the six speed box, that would be alot of additional weight over the front in comparison to the stock engine, not only because the engine/gearbox is heavier but also because it sits further forward.

So whilst straight line speed and traction should be good, it looks to me like it would be an understeering pig in corners.

apparently this is on the road and there was talk of bench marking with a skyline or a s15 200sx i think it was and they were neck and neck .....

However as expected all this power relying on stock bits and pieces is going to break things unless they are re-enforced/re-built ....

I heard from Voy that he had done a CV joint in and maybe an engine mount not sure ......

That being said i still want 2 see this thing at the monthly sydney meets :D :D :D :D

the guy that i know that did the same convo CONSTANTLY kept breaking mounts even though they were strengthened it is the worst part of this type of convo!!

Edited by "RuNx"

I dont see any reason why a 2zz echo should break engine mounts and CV's anymore than any other 2ZZ powered car would.

If the conversion was done properly it should be just as reliable as a car factory fitted with a 2ZZ.

The project was a complete failure, even though it went hard and kept up with a Skyline GTST r33, but the conversion was a failure. Everything went in, but did not go in properly, the car is driveable but not reliable. Do not trust NG wreckers. The End

Xoom aka bill please close this thread.

Good bye to echo 2zz conversion

Cheers all. :(

you couldnt say it was a failure.

i think you said it cost 5k drive away

in anyones terms thats nothing for what was done, so you cant expect it to be perfect

i honestly didnt think it could be done for less than like 10k

from what it sounds like its not really the place's fault where you got it done

its that more money was needed to be invested into the project.

Hopefully it doesnnot take much to get it running reliably. Are they taking it to someone else to finish it off, or are they scrapping the idea? I still think is a brilliant little car if they can get it to work reliably...

Engineering. There are always ways. If going to the extreme's is the only way to accomplish a project then so be it. Is it about money? Or getting the little beast to be a happy chappy? Methinks doing something like this requires the ability to say, 'screw it...here's more money to fix this and that'.