Repair Hacks Tips Tricks Workarounds

campbeam

I viewed a slideshow on the internet titled 21 Simple Home Repair Hacks.

The following are some of those tips and tricks that could be applied to vehicle repairs.

Clean Your Car's Interior With Hydrogen Peroxide

In addition to removing bugs from the car's surface, hydrogen peroxide can also clean the car's interior. Mix a large proportion of hydrogen peroxide, and a dash of white vinegar, dishwashing liquid, and warm water in a spray bottle, spray over the stains, and gently wipe them off. Then you will have a clean car inside and out.

Unclog Drains With Baking Soda And Vinegar

The bubbly reaction of baking soda and vinegar helps loosen the drain clog. All you need to do is pour boiling water down the drain, add 1/2 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup white vinegar, let the mixture sit for 10 minutes, and flush it down with boiling water. Then you'll get a clear drain.

Dissolve Bugs With Hydrogen Peroxide

Not only are the dead bugs on your car disgusting, but the acid in them can damage the paint. To clean off the bugs, you can wash your car with hydrogen peroxide. The chemical contains proteins that corrode the gut of bacteria without harming the car paint.

Remove Rust With Tin Foil

Clean rust with tin foil may seem crazy, but the material is actually known for bringing the sheen back to chrome. Clean the chrome surface with a microfiber towel and soapy water first, then place it in clean water and rub the rust with a piece of tin foil. When it's all done, you won't believe that the shiny chrome is the one you've been using for years.

Make A Funnel With Aluminum Foil

Want to pour juice into a small bottle but can't find a funnel? A piece of aluminum foil can save you from the dilemma. Just roll the flexible foil into a cone shape as a substitute, and you don't even need to wash it after use.

Secure Loose Screws With Nail Polish

If you have a screw that won't hold, coat it with a thin layer of clear nail polish. In this way, the nail polish will stick the screw to the crack and gap, keeping it firmly in place.

Hydrogen Peroxide isn't cheap and when you front up to the Chemist asking for some, be prepared for the funny look and the Police style interrogation. Apparently you can make weapons of mass destruction with the stuff, so be careful what you say lol !!

True story. It blissfully happened to me once. I purchased a small bottle with the intention to use it for sanitising a large glass jar so I could grow sprouts. Simple as that and yet I was I treated like I was about to embark on a criminal enterprise.

Edited by Tony Prodigy

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Hydrogen Peroxide isn't cheap and when you front up to the Chemist asking for some, be prepared for the funny look and the Police style interrogation. Apparently you can make weapons of mass destruction with the stuff, so be careful what you say lol !!

True story. It blissfully happened to me once. I purchased a small bottle with the intention to use it for sanitising a large glass jar so I could grow sprouts. Simple as that and yet I was I treated like I was about to embark on a criminal enterprise.

You're probably buying the strong stuff (and chemists will always look at you funny whenever you go for the strongest version of something).  You can get normal 3% peroxide from supermarkets no questions asked (for most applications if you've got the strong stuff you have to heavily dilute it anyway)

3 hours ago, Hiro said:

You're probably buying the strong stuff (and chemists will always look at you funny whenever you go for the strongest version of something).

I had no idea at the time that there were varying strength H.P. I simply went to the counter and asked for it and that's when they gave me the third degree. I was a little surprised to be honest.

• Like 1

And further to that is the nutcase conspiracy idiots in America telling people to use an asthma nebulizer machine to breath in the HP now to beat COVID, GEEEEESH

So less worry about terrorists and more worry about IDIOTS now days

KAA

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, KAA said:

And further to that is the nutcase conspiracy idiots in America telling people to use an asthma nebulizer machine to breath in the HP now to beat COVID, GEEEEESH

So less worry about terrorists and more worry about IDIOTS now days

KAA

America is the land of the Idiots. Why am I not surprised. So true Robert. When was the last time we heard anything about Islamic Terrorists ? 

Now it's all about Crazy- Covid -Conspiracies. When will it all end ?

I had my third shot just today and I feel fine. Never had Covid and am always wary of others around me who could potentially be carrying.

• Like 1

All true Tony, I sit and watch America go bat **** crazy mate, we had our 3rd shot about 2 weeks ago and for the first time had a sore arm for 2 days and a bit tired. Now pumping good on all cylinders mate. Maybe we can suggest to the Americans they snort Glen 20 as they do advertise it as killing all germs including COVID 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1