I Had My Car Serviced By Toyota.

Hi Guys,

You'll remember I was very stupid and took my car to motorserve rip-offs for my first service about a year ago and was charged for an engine oil flush, which was a total rip-off.  :angry:   Well for the second service I went to Penrith Toyota where I purchased the car and where I should have gone in the first place...stupid me. :rolleyes:

They did a very good job and didn't take that long...second service is two years or 30,000kms or which ever comes first.  I've only got 12,500kms on the clock, so nothing needed fixing...no "engine oil flush" here and you can't beat the capped price service either.  :smile:

What impressed me was they sent me a video of the condition of my brakes and tyres, never seen this before.  The oil Toyota use is OW30 c2 Magnatec Professional, I'll have the oil changed in 6mths time rather than every 12mths. :yes:

At Penrith Toyota they service both Toyota and Kia cars under the same roof...haven't seen that before. :ohmy:

I didn't know Toyota doesn't sell touch up paint anymore and haven't for five years, that's not good. :ohmy:

One last thing, when I got home I looked at the service invoice and noticed my state is South Australia :wacko: WTF...Ive never been there.  I have a NSW Address...Post Code and Drivers License and the car is Registered in NSW.  My service book and car's paper work says SA...I did see this some time ago but thought it was a code of some type...how can they put the wrong state on paper work...I can't believe some retard in sales doesn't know what state they're in. :wacko:

4 hours ago, bob007 said:

The oil Toyota use is OW30 c2 Magnatec Professional, I'll have the oil changed in 6mths time rather than every 12mths.

Excellent idea if you are going to be a long term owner and want to avoid expensive engine repairs/replacement.

There are plenty of YouTube videos by The Car Nut which demonstrate what happens when the engine oil is not changed regularly enough.

11 hours ago, bob007 said:

You'll remember I was very stupid and took my car to motorserve rip-offs for my first service about a year ago and was charged for an engine oil flush, which was a total rip-off.  :angry:   Well for the second service I went to Penrith Toyota where I purchased the car and where I should have gone in the first place...stupid me. :rolleyes:

Don't be too hard on yourself. We would all like to think we can trust others, but unfortunately there are unscrupulous sharks among us. 

Good call for taking it back to the place you purchased from. If you were happy with their service during the sale, then this could easily indicate that their service dept would also be good.

12 hours ago, bob007 said:

second service is two years or 30,000kms or which ever comes first.  I've only got 12,500kms on the clock, so nothing needed fixing...no "engine oil flush" here and you can't beat the capped price service either.  :smile:

Don't fall for that capped price service rubbish. It's just a marketing gimmick designed to give you a false sense that your "new Toyota" will be very cheap to maintain.
No car should ever be serviced at that ridiculous interval. For those ignorant and gullible enough, do so at their own peril when they wonder why their engine isn't performing as it should due to it being so sludged up. Just terrible.

What impressed me was they sent me a video of the condition of my brakes and tyres, never seen this before.  The oil Toyota use is OW30 c2 Magnatec Professional, I'll have the oil changed in 6mths time rather than every 12mths. :yes:

The video report thing is a new thing service companies have started to implement. They do this so you can give them favourable online comment. You'll receive the video with a link to submit your thoughts. They get you while you're feeling all warm and fuzzy. Look before you leap. Drive the car for a few days and then comment, because there may be something they or yourself have missed and you don't want to give a glowing report if they really don't deserve it.

Also, good call on the 6 monthly oil change. That should be the standard and the bare minimum for any modern engine, especially when you're dealing with super light weight oil such as your 0W-30. That there should be the give away.

At Penrith Toyota they service both Toyota and Kia cars under the same roof...haven't seen that before. :ohmy:

It's not uncommon for a dealer to engage with other brands. Look at the Peter Warren group for example. Started out as a Ford dealer and now practically has nearly every brand under his umbrella.

One last thing, when I got home I looked at the service invoice and noticed my state is South Australia :wacko: WTF...Ive never been there.  I have a NSW Address...Post Code and Drivers License and the car is Registered in NSW.  My service book and car's paper work says SA...I did see this some time ago but thought it was a code of some type...how can they put the wrong state on paper work...I can't believe some retard in sales doesn't know what state they're in. :wacko:

Probably just a simple error. Mention this to your service co-ordinator next time your there.