Gregg

Hi,

I am having trouble getting a hitch for my 2019 200 series landcruiser

I am trying to use a Hayman Reece set up but I find that it is too high off the ground-  I bought a new bracket that has more holes so I can drop it lower - but it still isn't low enough. I'm having trouble believing that this isn't a common problem for Landcruiser owners-  the sales people in various parts shops and the Toyota dealers where I bought the car all look at me like I'm an idiot when I try to explain the problem.  

I am wanting to tow a 22' road caravan 

Have other owners had this problem and how have you resolved it? 

any info greatly received 

cheers

Gregg

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have exactly the same issue with my new LC300. The in built tow bar is set higher than the one I had on my old Prado so I had to purchase a right angle bracket to lower the the tow ball height. It's not an easy fix. When I tried levelling the car and caravan to the same height I did it unloaded. When we packed up to go for a trip the extra weight in the car caused a bigger drop when the van was hitched up and I had to take everything off and start again. I'm thinkingbof installing airbags in the rear springs to minimise the drop.

In addition to above, does anyone know if installing airbags will effect car warranty? And is it possible in the GRS as since purchasing it I've heard that it us not possible to put in a GVM upgrade due to the active and complex suspension in that model.