Installing Sportivo Side Skirt and Front Lip on 06 Hatch?

Saiya

Im thinking about buying some genuine Sportivo Side Skirts and Front Lip for my facelift 06 Corolla Conquest Hatch.

I can get them painted no problems but im thinking about installing it myself and saving some money.

Has anyone had experience installing a set? Is it easy or hard?

The only thing that is worrying me is im not sure if there are any new holes needed to drill into the body.

I heard that the face lifted front lip doesent fit the normal Corollas for some reason is that right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks for the info guys :)

I just called my insurance company AAMI and asked them about installing the kit but they said I cant cuz I already have a mod on my car (rear spoiler) and only allowed 1 mod until im 25... Otherwise if at fault they can either refuse or lower the claim that I can make. :(

Oh well I might paint the mud flaps and front black lip like Romp is doing. :)

Save a bit of money ;)

I just called my insurance company AAMI and asked them about installing the kit but they said I cant cuz I already have a mod on my car (rear spoiler) and only allowed 1 mod until im 25... Otherwise if at fault they can either refuse or lower the claim that I can make. :(

Save a bit of money ;)

why not change insurance companies? ...i'm 20, with Just Cars - $1555 yearly - allowed 3 modifications ?

I dont know if I can. Maybe have to change when my renewal is up.

I pay $1,116 per year and ive been with them for 5 weeks now. :(

Save a bit of money ;)

Maybe you should speak to AAMI once again, because once you have your lip and skirts, along with the spoiler that makes one Sportivo body kit, and therefore one mod ... just tell them you bought it in parts as you could afford to, I don't see why they would knock that back.

If they do, there are plenty of other insurance companies around that will look after you. Don't forget, you can change companies anytime you wish, you don't have to wait for renewal time.

you said the spoiler is counted as one modification...?

Isn’t this a stock item on the conquest that making it not a modification?

The rear spoiler isnt standard on the Conquests... <_< Tightass Toyota ;)

Maybe you should speak to AAMI once again, because once you have your lip and skirts, along with the spoiler that makes one Sportivo body kit, and therefore one mod ... just tell them you bought it in parts as you could afford to, I don't see why they would knock that back.

If they do, there are plenty of other insurance companies around that will look after you. Don't forget, you can change companies anytime you wish, you don't have to wait for renewal time.

Good point buddha. Maybe I should of just said I bought the 'whole' Sportivo kit. AAMI already have it in there system that I got the spoiler now and thinking about the sportivo kit, ill ring them and ask.

If they still knock me back I might look into NRMA and say I have the whole sportivo body kit and just cancel AAMI. :)

Nice loop hole find buddha :)

Bear in mind too that AAMI actually underwrite Just Cars.

Basically they are tight as hell, and if you want to modify the car more than seat covers, they just direct you to Just cars (who obviously charge a ****load more).

I would bet my house that there are plenty of insurers who would have no issue with you putting the kit on it.

Also, with Just Cars and the 3 mod thing mentioned above, when I was 24 and Insured a VY SS ute with them, they told me that ANY number of mods is ok, as long as you are prepared to pay the premium.

JC

Hey Guys...

Just swaying off the topic a tad here.... but was anyone aware the 2006 Levin came with a Sportivo Front Lip?

I picked up My cousins one last week and noticed it...

Just wondering if anyone noticed it.....

Hey Guys...

Just swaying off the topic a tad here.... but was anyone aware the 2006 Levin came with a Sportivo Front Lip?

I picked up My cousins one last week and noticed it...

Just wondering if anyone noticed it.....

I think the new 2006 come with front skirt/lip now due to the Sportivo being discontinued I remember reading it somewhere. Probably here :)

Whats the side skirt and lip worth anyway?

The dealer screwed up my order, I ordered a Black Ascent Seca and they were having trouble getting one, after hounding them for a few weeks, one finally 'arrived', they've given me an Ascent Sport, minus the 'sport' sticker and the alloys, so it has the spoiler, dimming light, etc.

I'm guessing they just got this one, then offsold the alloys on a base model so someone unknowing.

It's looks pretty sexy (dirty about 30 minutes after I wash it :-D ), but I think it'll look better with Stivo skirts and lip, those plastic bits on the bumper look very...boring.

The dealer screwed up my order, I ordered a Black Ascent Seca and they were having trouble getting one, after hounding them for a few weeks, one finally 'arrived', they've given me an Ascent Sport, minus the 'sport' sticker and the alloys, so it has the spoiler, dimming light, etc.

I'm guessing they just got this one, then offsold the alloys on a base model so someone unknowing.

It's looks pretty sexy (dirty about 30 minutes after I wash it :-D ), but I think it'll look better with Stivo skirts and lip, those plastic bits on the bumper look very...boring.

skirts at a wrecker, i was quoted 150 for each - they were black as well :) off a 2002 levin, but can fit up to 2003 as well, more details on PROJECT EL CHEAPO thread

note: Somehow, not many ppl wreck their levins - it seems like an accent thing to do *har har har* :ph34r:

The total price from my Toyota spare parts near my work is about $1400 which is painted from factory.

The other quote I got which was near my home was about $800 unpainted. Both prices are for the sportivo side skirts and front lip.

The first spare parts shop said the kit only comes painted, and the other said that it only comes UNpainted... :blink:

I might as well get the painted one save the trouble of getting someone to painted for me.

Yeah I agree the Corolla's look heaps better with a kit on them.