A lucky call

Bens1xx

• 4 weeks later...

It's very easy to speed in these cars. They have very decent power. Be careful mate, too many cops, speed cameras and those dreaded mobile units lurking around neighbourhoods. 

It's also a costly excercise. better to keep the money in your account than the coffers of the Govt..

On 3/10/2022 at 7:18 PM, Bens1xx said:

Just got my Aurion back it was away for a month !

But I look back and considering the speed I was doing at the time I got off lightly.

Time to reflect and [maybe] consider mending your ways. Still recall the moment when I finally realised that the accelerator was getting me into more accident likely scenarios than what I thought that I had been avoiding.

Instead of speeding, I relax and cruise and be amused by the antics of those who are accidents waiting to happen.

These days I am light on the accelerator and brakes, most of the time.

Still plenty of fun to be had driving within the speed limits.

10 hours ago, Henstepper said:

Yes i need to watch what im doing too. i got into open country road and had my beast up to 180km. no one was around but the Aurion is powerful

My current favourite saying is "All is well until something goes wrong."

With that in mind, I read a similar article to the following: 

https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/new-crash-tests-show-modest-speed-increases-can-have-deadly-consequences

I am a bit more mindful of my vehicle's speed on the open highway and much more mentally prepared to perform an emergency hard braking to increase my survive ability in a crash. 

Also getting older and making safer decisions; most of the time.

All of the time, I am considering the driving conditions and that both the driver and the car can be considered "elderly" 😇😇

On 4/11/2022 at 6:39 PM, Henstepper said:

got into open country road and had my beast up to 180km. no one was around but the Aurion is powerful

It will do that speed effortlessly and quite quickly too. I too, get tempted by the "very rare" opportunity to give it a quick squirt then back it off just as quick. 
Pretty confident it will do 240.

My diesel Colorado surprises me too, When I put the boot into it on the freeway, it accelerates from 100 to 160 in no time. Not bad for a diesel commercial vehicle.