Tempe Tyres Sydney

Heatwave

I noted in the forums that a number of people are knocking Tempe tyres with regards to:

* Quality of the rims (manufacturing quality)

* Dodgy tires included in packages

Without bad-mouthing any suppliers, does anyone know really (or even scientifically) what differs between Tempe wheel to, say an Osaka, Enkei/Advanti, Auscar wheels?

If we can do a comparison of the strengths and weaknesses of each wheel brand and have it as pinned on the Wheels and Tyres thread, that would help a number of newcomers to understand better what is inferred by quality and performance.

Tires can always be replaced easily but wheels are expensive and Tempe seems to have very good looking range of wheels than most places.

Edited by Heatwave

i know there is alot of debate over the quality of the tyres they sell with their packages...

i think they come with nankangs and whilst they arent anything special or racing quality, i have still heard people saying good things about them for the price. the people who say they are 'dodgy' tyres are the sort of people who are just used to very high quality tyres and will pay a fortune to get them. if you're going to buy from tempe, dont worry too much about the tyres they sell. they are by no means crap, they just arent great.

however the quality of their rims apparently isnt the greatest, in some cases. sometimes there is just a bad bunch. i have a mate who bought the starcorp concept 5s and he swears by their quality for the price. but theres a bunch of people around who say they bought starcorp and the paint is coming off, the finish is rough and they are very heavy...

so i dont think you will every get a clear answer from this because people have had different experiences with tempe.

I noted in the forums that a number of people are knocking Tempe tyres with regards to:

Without bad-mouthing any suppliers, does anyone know really (or even scientifically) what differs between Tempe wheel to, say an Osaka, Enkei/Advanti, Auscar wheels?

If we can do a comparison of the strengths and weaknesses of each wheel brand and have it as pinned on the Wheels and Tyres thread, that would help a number of newcomers to understand better what is inferred by quality and performance.

Tires can always be replaced easily but wheels are expensive and Tempe seems to have very good looking range of wheels than most places.

Hello Heatwave.

First things first, Enkei rims are manufactured in Japan to highest standards & are probably one of the best "CAST" rims you can buy They are incredibly strong & light weight. They are the used by formuala 1 teams & come standard issue on EVO's. The quality of these rims will be reflected in the price.

Advanti are an Autralian made rim. I owned a set of Shadow Chrome Stalkers for 3 years & found them to be very good wheel, although they are heavy.

I don't know anything about Osaka rims but AUSCAR is made in China for Bob Janes Budget line.

Tempe Tye rims are a Chinese knock offs. For everyday use there is nothing wrong with there rims except for there Chrome range. Everyone who I know who has purchased Chrome wheels through Tempe Tyres has had issues, such as Chrome flaking off or rim cracking. I would only suggest Tempe Tyres if you are on a tight budget. Another thing I found with Tempe Tyres is that there service sucks.

Just remember that like most things you get what you pay for & when it comes to wheels & tyres I suggest a no compromise attitude, meaning buy the best quality you can afford.

Many thanks for the reply guys - keep them comments coming.

I am new to car-mod scene although I am 26 so budget is currently the big thing for me at the moment at my first professional job.

I won't be racing or going fast since I am the type where if you want to mod something, do it well - better than average, i.e. should I want performance, the 100kW engine in the Corolla will have to churn out at least 300kW. Cost will be an issue but why do things mildly or halfway?

So while I learn the ropes over the next few years, the Corolla will be a show-roller first rather than performance :)

Not to be rude, or maby just taking the p1ss slightly.

One i highly doubt that u would be able to pull 300kw from the mighty rolla, BUT

If you did,

imagine the cost,

I rekon if u did make it to 300kw then you would be able to spend the same money and buy maby a 200kw car... <_<

But if u can get it to 300kw then congrats :)

Not to be rude, or maby just taking the p1ss slightly.

One i highly doubt that u would be able to pull 300kw from the mighty rolla, BUT

If you did,

imagine the cost,

I rekon if u did make it to 300kw then you would be able to spend the same money and buy maby a 200kw car... <_<

But if u can get it to 300kw then congrats :)

300kw? Hmm. There's a turbocharged 2zz celica in Germany that puts out 400bhp, however it's NOT an everyday car. The only thing left stock in the motor is the block. That thing would not be reliable, and I'd probably be getting ready to catch the rocker cover when it pops. Btw it runs 11 second quarters. No pics unfortunatley. The Krauts have gone quiet on this one now (maybe it finally died?).

here's the topic|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|Here's the current discussion

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: <_<

This seems to happen alot lately

here's the topic|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|Here's the current discussion

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: <_<

Well I thought I'd bring it up in here rather than starting a completly new thread and wasting time :P

Bringing this thread back onto topic......

Tempe tyres: Absolutlely nothing wrong with them for the money they ask for their rims, tyres and packages.

Yes Nankangs may not be everyones cup of tea but what everyone doesn't realise (or think to ask) is that you can pay extra ontop of your wheel package and get better tyres.

My girlfriend paid an extra $100 ontop of her package price and upgraded to Falken 512's, which is a bargain for $100 more.

As BLKRLA and Bluerolla has stated there may be an issue with their chrome rims but that can sometimes also be partly subject to peoples use/misuse and maintenance practices.

As the guys have also stated, its a dollars vs. purpose thing.

If you own a track weapon (thanks Northy) then you need to be digging deep and be prepared to cough up $$$ for wheels and tyres that will compliment your setup.

If your car gets you to and from work and/or cruises you about on the weekends in style, then you may be in the position to save a little money in this department.

Either way, I think its a good idea to buy quality tyres.

Tempe tyres: Absolutlely nothing wrong with them for the money they ask for their rims, tyres and packages.

Yes Nankangs may not be everyones cup of tea but what everyone doesn't realise (or think to ask) is that you can pay extra ontop of your wheel package and get better tyres.

My girlfriend paid an extra $100 ontop of her package price and upgraded to Falken 512's, which is a bargain for $100 more.

As BLKRLA and Bluerolla has stated there may be an issue with their chrome rims but that can sometimes also be partly subject to peoples use/misuse and maintenance practices.

If you own a track weapon (thanks Northy) then you need to be digging deep and be prepared to cough up $$$ for wheels and tyres that will compliment your setup.

If your car gets you to and from work and/or cruises you about on the weekends in style, then you may be in the position to save a little money in this department.

Nicely done

on the issue of tempe's chrome wheels, you all know that I have a set of 18" Chrome Zenetti tek's on board and I must say that I havent seen any evidence of flaking. Although not getting better tyres other than the nankangs provided is a downer.

nice one, mate~~~ I am totally agreed with your point... ;)

Advanti are not aussie made rims. they're made in taiwan. distributed by YHI around the asia pac region, along wtih OZ and Enkei.

but either way, the stalkers are a nice wheel.

this was before i went out and bought a set of P1s and then also Enkeis

cruise_2.jpg

here's when they were on one of my older cars

18832605_DSC01216.sized.jpg

18832607_DSC01233.sized.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I got a set of 18" "clone" AME's for my previous car......... But i knew they were "Not Geniune" I knew they were "clones". i got a set of 4 rims and 4 Falken 215 40 ZR 18's, for $2200 almost 3 yrs ago.

I knew what i was getting myself into... and there is deffinately nothing wrong with falken's. quite a good tyre.

the "clones" are deffinately gonna be cheap ****, if you want a decent quality, atleast get a name branded rim.

ta.