Current Car Care Specials

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

18 hours ago, Squalled said:

Just had a quick look on Repco's site and I never knew they sold the "Bigboi" range of blower dryers. I purchased a four stage blower some years ago, I think off ebay, and it's been very handy, especially when detailing an engine bay.

Some of you may not be familiar with these machines. They don't just blow air but rather warm filtered air so not only can you get the drying done faster, you don't blow dust over the surface you're drying. Very nice machine.

There are a couple of other brands on the market too, but I found this particular one to be slightly better in construction, especially the quality of the hose and the attachments.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care-panel/power-cleaning/vacuum-cleaners-air-blowers/bigboi-blowr-pro-drying-system-9m-hose-bonus-pro9moffer/p/A5542994

Edited by Tony Prodigy
Added Extra info
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wax IT Car Care have 15% off store wide until this Friday, use code FD15 at checkout.

They also have some Fathers Day kits available at a discounted price - https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/fathers-day-1?_kx=Va35ZHq-KaOtemNhGDd_iCf5zgIMa6O1TUPwdY0IvAs%3D.MeSg3g

• Thanks 1

I'm still hanging to be able to pick up one of those temporary carports from SCA. They were on special last month for $189 and I just missed out. They're back to their full mug retail cost of $299. No way in hell I'm paying that...

If you see it on special before I do can someone let us know please ?

They seem to hold up pretty well from reading the reviews. Just need to upgrade the cover fabric to the more durable green one when the white one deteriorates.

People are reporting up to 3 years life span for the cover and the frame is exceptionally strong able to withstand wind gusts etc.. 

Those fold away gazebo type shelter are rubbish. I purchased one to set up in my driveway as a temporary shelter for an old ford I have and within two weeks, and a little wind and rain, it buckled and collapsed and the fabric tore to shreds. It was the Kings brand from Ebay. I strongly do not recommend it.

The SCA one looks to be better designed with better support for the top so the rain can simply run off and not actually pool up anywhere creating a heavy spot for the frame to collapse.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/coverall-coverall-temporary-carport----3m-x-6m-x-2.7m/164891.html#q=tempory%2Bcarport&lang=en_AU&start=1

25% off Bowden's own this weekend at Repco - https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/bowden-s-own/c/1887688507?cid=email-2022_09_01_3Day&mkt_tok=NzI3LUJRRi04NjQAAAGGl0pMrYLT7Ocu5cB6Sbh15vFHt4EbEl8BY-h61rzmRnTmblyDNk_rbidtpuw3-jZW2sXjXtnGVp4NoIrx59EafMTmc8JJTZEmMlT9use4ag

On 8/31/2022 at 10:33 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

I'm still hanging to be able to pick up one of those temporary carports from SCA. They were on special last month for $189 and I just missed out. They're back to their full mug retail cost of $299. No way in hell I'm paying that...

If you see it on special before I do can someone let us know please ?

They seem to hold up pretty well from reading the reviews. Just need to upgrade the cover fabric to the more durable green one when the white one deteriorates.

People are reporting up to 3 years life span for the cover and the frame is exceptionally strong able to withstand wind gusts etc.. 

Those fold away gazebo type shelter are rubbish. I purchased one to set up in my driveway as a temporary shelter for an old ford I have and within two weeks, and a little wind and rain, it buckled and collapsed and the fabric tore to shreds. It was the Kings brand from Ebay. I strongly do not recommend it.

The SCA one looks to be better designed with better support for the top so the rain can simply run off and not actually pool up anywhere creating a heavy spot for the frame to collapse.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/coverall-coverall-temporary-carport----3m-x-6m-x-2.7m/164891.html#q=tempory%2Bcarport&lang=en_AU&start=1

I'll try and keep an eye on this if it goes on sale.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's that car port i picked up the other day. I'm yet to assemble it, but still happy I was able to grab one at a more reasonable price. 

Damn, It wasn't that long ago too that it was $199. Price gouging is out of control.

Most of the oil specials we once used to enjoy are not really specials anymore. 50% became 40% and now it's 30% in most cases. Nothing to get excited about anymore 🙄

20220930_162549.thumb.jpg.a051c7a9f21ce31aa26f4fc62a738716.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Squalled said:

I have a few goodies on the way from waxit.com as we speak.....😜

I couldn't help myself 😄

• Haha 1

Tony I can just see the scene, your looking at the specials and the fingers got itchy and boom they are ordered for Tony's stash supply. I also had the itch but my wife put cream on the fingers sob sob. 😄😄🙄😢😢😢

Hugs Mate

KAA

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, KAA said:

Tony I can just see the scene, your looking at the specials and the fingers got itchy and boom they are ordered for Tony's stash supply. I also had the itch but my wife put cream on the fingers sob sob. 😄😄🙄😢😢😢

Hugs Mate

KAA

I somehow misplaced my drying towel with the place being upside down at the moment due to my shed construction project. I've had to pack so much stuff away in boxes which are stacked in a garden shed and I haven't the time to go rummaging through each box to refind all my small items. I know, I should've marked the boxes more clearly, but it is what it is, so I went hunting for another drying towel and it kind of snowballed just a teency weency bit 🤪😛😄

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I have a few goodies on the way from waxit.com as we speak.....😜

I couldn't help myself 😄

I've been very tempted to get more but with a lot of things to save for in the coming year, I only get products once they run out and I need a replacement these days 😞 Although I still have a completely full shelf of detailing products so I guess it stops me taking over other shelves. 

• Haha 1