Fluxuating fuel guage

Does anyone have an issue with the petrol guage flucuating? If i fill it full it stays on full for a while, it then dips down. Then i get in the car later and it goes back up. I have read this is normal because of the way the sender floats in the tank? My aurion is a gas guzzler but just wanted to know if anyone else experiences a flucuating fuel guage

I've never experienced any fluctuation with mine to be honest. Not sure what's going on with yours but have you had the fuel filter replaced recently ? 

I ask this because the sender unit is part of the fuel pump/filter assembly and it's possibly some adverse condition could have been created by mishandling of the unit perhaps.

As for it being a gas guzzler, I have to disagree. If driven normally it does reward you with exceptional economy, but if you have some underlying issue, it could be contributing to what you're getting. Have you checked for fuel leaks anywhere ?
Heavy fuel usage for the Aurion rarely gets reported here unless there's a problem.

51 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I've never experienced any fluctuation with mine to be honest. Not sure what's going on with yours but have you had the fuel filter replaced recently ? 

I ask this because the sender unit is part of the fuel pump/filter assembly and it's possibly some adverse condition could have been created by mishandling of the unit perhaps.

As for it being a gas guzzler, I have to disagree. If driven normally it does reward you with exceptional economy, but if you have some underlying issue, it could be contributing to what you're getting. Have you checked for fuel leaks anywhere ?
Heavy fuel usage for the Aurion rarely gets reported here unless there's a problem.

i put on a 2 and a quarter flow thru pipe from the cat back with a dump tip and im lucky to get 400k per tank

Edited by Jamie Edwards

2 hours ago, Henstepper said:

I haven't replaced it. My fuel gauge seems to go down extremely quick according to Toyota they could find nothing wrong

So you seem to think it's more of a case of fuel usage rather than a gauge problem ?

Do you have a scan tool ? When was the last time you've had it scanned for error codes ? The check engine light may not always light up to let you know of an impending issue. You could have something going on without even knowing it.

5 hours ago, Henstepper said:

I can physically see the guage drop as im driving then it will go up a little but seem to go through a lot of fuel

i have to agree with tony,s recommendation but then again it depends on what scan tool you use to show any errors. Cheap scan tools that you get from supercheap, autobarn, repco may not show any errors it would take a more sophisticated scan tool that costs thousands of dollars to show an errors or any irregularities

• Like 1