kluger starting to crack

Lebo

Hello all of my kluger friends seeing as i am only new to this i hope some of you can help again. are any of you experiencing a rattle in the engine on start up only, mainly when cold? doesn't last long. are you able to advise me sounds like top end to me. took it to toyota and they quoted me about $5,000 maybe more as they were to sure if it was lifters, timing chain etc. would this be a warranty issue or recall even? i have never come across this issue before. 

I love the way the dealerships go straight for the jugular and smash you with a massive repair bill based on what they "think"...

You need to take it to someone who can definitively diagnose the actual issue and not these greed monger dealerships who insult your intelligence they way they do as I described. Shot gunning the process can get expensive fast and it could be something relatively simple and cheap.

Cold start rattle suggests something to do with the VVTI system and not knowing the history of your vehicle, it's anyone's guess as to what's really going on.

It could be sludged up for all we know and your oil isn't circulating well enough on a cold start. That's where I'd start. 

Please don't take the word as gospel from a dealership. Their main interest is to keep the lights on at whatever cost and are known to gouge the wood ducks out there. Be more prudent and beat them at their own game. This is why dealerships get a bad name. They charge like a wounded bull, and especially where it's not warranted.

• 2 months later...