HID kit

Romp

Hey guys!

Finally installed my HID kit this arvo. all i can say is this. ITS FRIGGIN BRIGHT

For those who dont know - i bought the techone 6000K HID kit.

Anyone had issues from cops with HID? I want to hear first hand issues not friend of a friend:)

Ive adjusted it to the lowest levels.. but i might raise them a bti coz i can only see 3metres in front of me atm - was worried i was gonna blind people lol

Anyhow was pretty happy.

For those interested I mounted the ballasts on:

Passenger side: On the braket holding the wiper fluid

Driver Side: On the back of the battery on a metal pipe there.

Will attach pics next w/e :)

I just installed the kit I bought off ZAV yesterday. It's true it is damn bright, but I love it. I just need to get the levelness set correctly.

I attached my left ballast to the side of my battery with some double sided tape. The right ballast I used one of the mounting brackets and a spare hole in the body on the suspension tower just behind the power steering fluid.

I'll also post pics shortly.

Wierd question, but do all you guys have small as sh*t hands, or are my hands just overly big. Just changing the low beams on my passenger side is hard because of the limited space, how are u guys managing to do all this work in such a small ammount of space. The low beams are hard enough to get out, dont get me started on the parkers. omg

Wierd question, but do all you guys have small as sh*t hands, or are my hands just overly big. Just changing the low beams on my passenger side is hard because of the limited space, how are u guys managing to do all this work in such a small ammount of space. The low beams are hard enough to get out, dont get me started on the parkers. omg

must be small hands ...

Its fiddly .. I struggle with the buttons on my phone ! ... admittedly my phone is tiny ..

Although the parkers are ok if you take your time.

You know what they say about guys with small hands ! :) hahhah

Romp - Did you use zip ties as well as double sided tape ?

must be small hands ...

Its fiddly .. I struggle with the buttons on my phone ! ... admittedly my phone is tiny ..

Although the parkers are ok if you take your time.

You know what they say about guys with small hands ! :) hahhah

Romp - Did you use zip ties as well as double sided tape ?

Ive got quite large hands i had to get one of my asian mates to install the bulbs :P

I have only used cable ties and it is very solid - i bought double sided tape too but didnt use it.. i may put some on when i get a chance to reinforce it - but i have hammered my car since and it hasnt moved or rattled.

its funny when u turn the lights on u can hear this "energizing" sound haha

I just installed the kit I bought off ZAV yesterday. It's true it is damn bright, but I love it. I just need to get the levelness set correctly.

I attached my left ballast to the side of my battery with some double sided tape. The right ballast I used one of the mounting brackets and a spare hole in the body on the suspension tower just behind the power steering fluid.

I'll also post pics shortly.

Good to hear you liked them em. The 6000K kit does look awsome, I drove with my factory lights last night and felt so pov. I forgot how much superior it feels with the HID kit. Im gonna drop down to the 4300K kit, so i get a little less attention.

I know that the reason there is yellow in lights is so that it cuts through fog. How do those white lights cut through fog???

i dont have fog

it helps to see at night .. when there is no light .. this is clear pure light

I know that the reason there is yellow in lights is so that it cuts through fog. How do those white lights cut through fog???

i dont have fog

Correct me if im wrong

Romp i think he is refering to Fog, as in the white **** in the air when its early in the morning, or your at high altidude...

i dont have fog

Correct me if im wrong

Romp i think he is refering to Fog, as in the white **** in the air when its early in the morning, or your at high altidude...

Yer - im saying i dont ever have fog in my area so im not concerned about cutting through it. I use it for night driving purposes.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^

Kev!

did you put HID on your foglights?? :o

I've also got the 10000K HID, they're nice i tell ya and the colour output is exaactly like yours :D

you should retrofit your headlights, would look so much better! ;)

Edited by leasaunce