G4 Racing coilovers

JAZE55

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im gona put the order through, they come in street spec. it was i think 7.5kg front and 6.2kg rear. Hows that sound or should i change them.

yeah its fine for streets. But, maybe grab something like 5kg front and 7kg rear. Just incase if one day you go to track, stiffer rear helps reduces understeer.

from reading the other threads the Cuscos that everyone raves about are 7kg front 5kg rear... but correct me if I'm wrong.

Jase - that sounds like it would be great for the track with a not too firm ride on the street (not as firm as D2s)

but let me know how it goes... I'm also interested in these coil overs

Hirola how much did you pay to get them installed and where. Just need a rough idea, so can put money aside to get em installed asap

ill let u noe how i go blue stivo, they are street spec so not to firm i hope. But u can change the springs wen u order, plus justjap hav many springs if u decide to change, which is convienient.

also heres some info for those interested SPECS

thnx

Edited by JAZE55

im gona put the order through, they come in street spec. it was i think 7.5kg front and 6.2kg rear. Hows that sound or should i change them.

yeah its fine for streets. But, maybe grab something like 5kg front and 7kg rear. Just incase if one day you go to track, stiffer rear helps reduces understeer.

from reading the other threads the Cuscos that everyone raves about are 7kg front 5kg rear... but correct me if I'm wrong.

Jase - that sounds like it would be great for the track with a not too firm ride on the street (not as firm as D2s)

id say Danz has cut one too many sets of springs :P

All coilovers made for corolla (that I know of) except for JIC Magic, (hang on, cusco zero 1 gives u equal 6kg all four corners) provides stiffer spring front than the rear. Just swap the spring, stiffer at rear, to promote oversteer. But for street, stiffer front doesn't matter, coz you're not pushing the car through corners. I'll be putting my 8kg spring to the back if I enter track days, at the moment I am running 6kg front and 4kg rear.

Even better when your damper is adjustble, as you can set the damper harder at rear, togehter with stiffer rear sway bar to promote even more oversteer.

I jsut like to get as stiffer than front as possible at rear to overcome this understeering nature in our car. Is not always necessary,perhaps, to put stiffer spring on rear, it all depends on the tuning I would say. This is just a basic thing to do.

id say Danz has cut one too many sets of springs :P

Ahaha, yeah, been there, done that, not going back

Edited by Danz

Im just wanted to double check with the people with cusco coils or other brands, are the 7/5 spring rates gud for street, cuz i doubt i will track the car. As im geting my coils standard with 7.5/6.2 spring rates. I can swap them so deciding if i should. Is 7/5 the best compromise

myself, wei wei, sportivo rice, stockvvti are all running Zero 2's with 7/5 spring rates

how would u describe it. Im just worried as ive been in my mates car and his car is STIFF as i mean u feel everything.

Im just wanted to double check with the people with cusco coils or other brands, are the 7/5 spring rates gud for street, cuz i doubt i will track the car. As im geting my coils standard with 7.5/6.2 spring rates. I can swap them so deciding if i should. Is 7/5 the best compromise

yeah, 7kg frt and 5kg rear is fine.

All those brands like G-Force, D2, RAcing Logic are cheap and you get what you pay for, to put it simple (not saying they are bad) but then we all have to shop to our budgets!! But i guess the best way to figure out if they (the cheaper brands) would be good for you ask your self are you planning on putting your car around a track in the future??!! If you answer YES then if you can save $1,400 then you can save-up abit more and get some purpose built for example the "CUSCO" ZERO'S!!!! Those cheaper brands are great for a budget coil-over if you got a drift car but as for their say track styled coil-overs they aint really the best quality for that application from my experience and my friends experience this is comming from a retail point of veiw and also from guys involved in motorsport racing I.E. Professional Drivers......For a person who wants to dump their car on its aR53 and still have some handling for the lowered street car they are probably a better choice than just goin for lowered springs!!! :D I rekon whats the point of wasting hard earned dollars on top of the range coil-overs if your car is only ever gonna see the car park of our many race tracks around OZ!!???!!!

Edited by "RuNx"

You wont be disappointed. I just got my coilovers installed last week and i have to say they are awesome.

What Brand did you get?

I was able to pick up the set Indcent had, the brand is Daiyama and the ride is great, much better then the koni adjustables in my opinion.

All those brands like G-Force, D2, RAcing Logic are cheap and you get what you pay for, to put it simple (not saying they are bad) but then we all have to shop to our budgets!! But i guess the best way to figure out if they (the cheaper brands) would be good for you ask your self are you planning on putting your car around a track in the future??!! If you answer YES then if you can save $1,400 then you can save-up abit more and get some purpose built for example the "CUSCO" ZERO'S!!!! Those cheaper brands are great for a budget coil-over if you got a drift car but as for their say track styled coil-overs they aint really the best quality for that application from my experience and my friends experience this is comming from a retail point of veiw and also from guys involved in motorsport racing I.E. Professional Drivers......For a person who wants to dump their car on its aR53 and still have some handling for the lowered street car they are probably a better choice than just goin for lowered springs!!! :D I rekon whats the point of wasting hard earned dollars on top of the range coil-overs if your car is only ever gonna see the car park of our many race tracks around OZ!!???!!!

Car is never gona see the track so doesnt matter. Just want the advantage of better handling ride on the road plus able to dump it low :P :P. I was tossing up between coils and spring/shock, pricewise nearly identical so i opted for coils cause of its added advantages. only 19 so i am on a budget :( :(

Ive been reading much of what i can gather about G4 Coilovers, apparently they are copies of D2 coilovers or from the same company, G4 are 24way adjustable where the D2 are 36 way adjustable. If u have a look they are identical, beside the colour thats what many others forums have said.

G4 coilover, I believe they are Taiwanese brand. You see, Taiwanese coilover usually and most likely are using suspension technology from U.K (Dont know which company). From economic/business point of view, its due to joint venture for overseas company entering the industry and in return they must share their technology for the locals to use and produce. That's why you see so many coilover brand in Taiwan, and don't be surprised if they all look the same - because it orginated from 1 design.

D2 was once made in U.K, instead of purple colour, it was yellow/blue. Its owner was taiwanese racer in U.K.

Moving out from business/economic point of view, I myself use Taiwanese brand coilover, and I gotta say, its bang for your buck in terms of street use. I can't find any fault. Pippy, our beloved member, help plenty of people in this forum obtaining taiwanese brand from different makes and model, so far no one is dissapointed. Daiyama is also Taiwanese, and hey, you heard it from him, he loves it - as he should.

So for street, taiwan made will be more than enough.

I own a set of G-Force Coilovers

a friend of mine at work inspected these at JustJap and he was quite impressed too (lots of experience with suspension and mechanics etc) when he gets a chance he will prob purchase a set.

i found that the D2's had the same part number as my G-Force coilovers but were jst a different colour!.. mayb jst check the part number of the G4's and see if they compare...

In terms of ride quality, i cant comment too much as i havent experienced too many sets but i am very happy with the purchase.

HTH

Daz