Clear Coat Peeling

Corrine

• 9 months later...

On 6/21/2022 at 2:58 PM, Corrine said:

Has anyone had issues with the clear coat peeling on their kludge? I’ve got a 2013 and all the clear coat is peeling off.

Yes I have a 2008 kluged all the clear coat on the roof has peeled off some of the side panels are also peeling, Toyota has knocked back my claim straight away

19 hours ago, John McLaren said:

Yes I have a 2008 kluged all the clear coat on the roof has peeled off some of the side panels are also peeling, Toyota has knocked back my claim straight away

I'm not surprised to be honest. Too many years and way too many variables to give any consideration to fixing this.

8 hours ago, CONROD said:

Clearcoat failure and complete paint failure are two very different animals. I've seen clearcoat failure on many cars, not only Toyotas. It mostly comes about from improper maintenance and not necessarily product failure, which is why I stated there are too many variables for a clearcoat issue. You don't know how the car was stored, cleaned or maintained so as a dealer I too would reject that claim.

The paint peeling issue is a factory issue that stems back to epoxy primer failure, one that the maker recognizes and although met with some resistance from them, are compensating customers to a degree.