07 v6 kluger, long cranking time

Jeffro0

Hi. I have recently got a 2007 kluger,  7 seat , v6 petrol. Everything was fine for a day or so, now when going to start the vehicle it cranks for 10 seconds with a no start situation. Cycle key off and it fires normally as it should. I have inspected for DTC, and there was none present. I have a hunch its a fuel related issue. According to previous owner, coil packs, spark plugs all been replaced less than 10k km ago. 120k km on the odometer, spark plugs and coil packs replaced less than 10k km ago. 

Has anyone experienced anything similar? 

Following YouTube video suggests that it could be an issue with the fuel pump or fuel filter. However, if your vehicle has only done 120K kms, then I would be a bit skeptical. I would start with checking the battery, cleaning/replacing the air filter. Something else to check is the Mass Air Flow {MAF} sensor and clean/replace.

This is another YouTube video worth the time to view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7uhYKzvEo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a shot. Will check battery. Will clean out the maf and replace fuel filter. I've read online that the fuel pressure regulator on these sometimes stuff up but I'd rather not throw the parts cannon at it and diag it properly

14 hours ago, Jeffro0 said:

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a shot. Will check battery. Will clean out the maf and replace fuel filter. I've read online that the fuel pressure regulator on these sometimes stuff up but I'd rather not throw the parts cannon at it and diag it properly

Definitely sounds like a fuel related issue. A thorough check of the fuel system should reveal the root cause.