Peak Hour Gripes ...

There is a lot of Stivo driving cyclists out there.

Me

Super Dav's Dad

Obviously Blue Stivo

Craig (Snowflake)

Pippy (maybe just bush)

So be careful and treat cyclists like they are one of your family as it could be one of us.

Yes there are some d head cyclists out there and there are some d head stivo drivers out there but that does not make you a d head because you drive a stivo.

I see a lot of car drivers abuse cyclists for no reason - real physical life endangering stuff. Throwing bottles Maccas trays, apples, food and rubbish and swerving at them and coming really close and yelling and beeping. Not to mention the potholes, rocks, stones, glass, screws, nails and assorted cr@p on the road.

So now you know what cyclists have to put up with and why they may give you the finger if you endanger their life.

Edited by mtbrider

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now you know what cyclists have to put up with and why they may give you the finger if you endanger their life.

Hmm, might be wiser to keep both hands on the handle bar mate :lol:

Maybe wear a shirt with 1 finger salute printed on the back. That way you are always ready to offend drivers that you get in the way of !

ok here's another one:

cops who think they can do ANYTHING on the road cos they are cops...

this evening, i was driving along north rocks road and this car comes up behind me pretty quickly (im doing the speed limit) and stays on my ***** all the way untill it becomes 2 lanes... then he speeds past me and keeps going probably 75-80 (its a 60 zone)... its a bloody cop!

then, i see him again just around the corner, sitting on the wrong side of the road, facing the wrong way, just standing outside his car.. not doing anything... it didnt look like he was doing anything, and it certainly didnt look like he needed to be speeding...

I can add something to that ... I was driving down the South-East Freeway one afternoon, I was in the middle lane and I was coming up to pass a Mirage in the left lane. Anyway, my bonnet was alongside the driver's door when the driver indicated and started to move over on me.

Naturally, I hit the horn, and the idiot swerved back into her lane. As I continued to pass, the driver gave me the death stare and tugged at the sleeve of her police uniform, making a point of the badge, as if to say, "hey, I'm a cop, you have to give way to me".

First cop I ever flipped the bird to! :P

some (and i mean some, probably not members of this forum :P ) cyclists need to learn that cars are hard and people are soft.

someone in canberra somehow got hit by a cement truck on the highway.

the only thing about cyclists that annoys me is that canberra was desgined with them in mind and it is full of cycling paths that link all parts of canberra. do they get used? hell no... the prefer the road.

Anyway I had a fun drive back up to the city tonight, most of my gripes have already been covered

-Idiots who have forgotten how to use indicators

So true, especially at roundabouts.

** People that brake when they see someone up a side road hit their brakes

Yeah this annoys me, people who brake HARD when there is nothing in front of them, or people who constantly ride the brakes. Flash, flash, flash, dammit can't you maintain a steady speed?

- People who consitantly ignore the speed limit......BY DOING LESS THAN IT!!!

Yeah mate, it might be raining but that's no excuse to do 40 in a 90 zone.

Drivers who can't stay in there lane!

It's not very hard, what really pisses me off is the people who weave in a straight line.

...when there is a big line of traffic at some lights, which dont last long, and one loser just doesnt react to the lights changing somewhere along the line, so you lose 3 or 4 seconds at the lights

Hmm i'm looking at you Mr/Mrs Astina driver :angry:

Just to add another one, people who don't use their headlights in twilight or during bad weather conditions. Sure you can see the other traffic but they can't see you!

Ahh that feels better ;) Anyway just to reply re. cyclists.

But I am also one of those cyclists that move across a couple of lanes to turn right, but I would not do it in heavy traffic, that's just suicide.

Just to put it into context, this was going south on the Princes Highway at Engadine/Heathcote just past BP. The cyclist was in the left lane & I was in the centre so he cut in front of me to go down Heathcote Rd. Since I had a pretty good view I anticipated his action but the bloke in the right lane had to brake pretty hard to avoid hitting him.

Another idiot cyclist last night .. came from the opposite side of the road and did a right turn (for him) from (his) left lane, not when his lights were green and not from the lights (where the T intersection starts i.e. he cut right about 25 metres from the intersections ..)

This was at night .. no helmet .. no hand signals .. I should have / would have mowed him over ..

Respect these cyclists ? Unfortunately, there are too many of you idiots on the road and you deserve to be run over

eediot6ts.th.png

Edited by Les