Hello all

Aurion250

My daughter car air conditioning controls have led lights at the bottom of the dials now everything works but the only led that light up now are on the actual air con button ,does anyone know do these dials have their own bulbs so I can replace or are they a sealed unit 

cheers

aurion aircon.jpg

I replaced that heater/ac control unit earlier this year because at least one of the controls was not lighting up. Air re-circulation control had previously lit then stopped. The rear demister control was definitely still working. Unfortunately, no bulbs but a wired in/soldered component. You need to remove the clock and radio head unit to be able to access a couple of the retaining bolts for this control unit. I was testing both the removed and replacement control units prior to re-assembly when the original control unit started working again. Replacement unit was fitted and has been working without any issues for the last 6 months. Original unit is in my spares bin as a backup.

In hindsight, maybe there was some corrosion on the electrical connections which got removed after connecting a few times.

If you need/want a replacement, try this eBay listing

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/284704892356?hash=item4249bbe5c4:g:AtcAAOSwcFJhna4-&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsG3ImQCS0yghg2o9PIesHlum1ZZbidx93z%2Fno9salHywdv1UkMnGKufnb0dTpUc7Nc8Sw4DBS%2BSLhwfNmia8EpGzE%2B3ru%2BSn2U1X3xz2sNbxVaUrYLqo4GbULBjwMsaa4SoLv6HauezBS5Na8scIodQqL6mPD%2F%2BXnwmNpXDODBa8n7hSAlukhvd1Blx2%2B0JNpnaiCczHV%2FPWeAy6NJGHKLpq8j2Y2XZqvZTU%2BJMlYJVj|tkp%3ABk9SR-iV_b7aYA&frcectupt=true

• Thanks 2

In case you do need or want to remove or access the heater A/C control unit, definitely recommend viewing this YouTube video which is more about replacing the head unit. Also something that I learnt the hard way is that the heater A/C control unit is connected to the head unit with a sideways connecting motion. Best to remove the head unit and heater A/C control unit as one then use a sideways/horizontal sliding motion to disconnect the heater A/C control unit. Assembly is the reverse; connecting both units together then bolts to the dash.

• Thanks 2

On 8/25/2022 at 10:40 AM, Aurion250 said:

everything works but the only led that light up now are on the actual air con button ,does anyone know do these dials have their own bulbs

First of all, let me say a warm welcome to you Darren.

I've never had the misfortune to have fiddled with this particular control, but I could take a stab and say that the LED lights would be governed by the internal PCB. These cars are modern enough not to have globes, but in saying that, the LEDs need to be driven by a power source, so it makes sense for the light to turn on when the rotary switch is activated. It's all done via the PCB within.

It could be a cold solder joint that's stopped the signal path to the LED. If you have a spare control unit, you could swap it out and tinker with the original unit and see if it comes back to life.

It could also be something as simple as a dodgy pin connection at the socket.

Ash mentioned his started working again after having removed it and it was probably this action that allowed that connection to work again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2022 at 12:37 PM, Tony Prodigy said:

I've never had the misfortune to have fiddled with this particular control, but I could take a stab and say that the LED lights would be governed by the internal PCB. These cars are modern enough not to have globes, but in saying that, the LEDs need to be driven by a power source, so it makes sense for the light to turn on when the rotary switch is activated. It's all done via the PCB within.

It could be a cold solder joint that's stopped the signal path to the LED. If you have a spare control unit, you could swap it out and tinker with the original unit and see if it comes back to life.

Ash mentioned his started working again after having removed it and it was probably this action that allowed that connection to work again. 

On 8/25/2022 at 5:53 PM, campbeam said:

I replaced that heater/ac control unit earlier this year because at least one of the controls was not lighting up. Air re-circulation control had previously lit then stopped. The rear demister control was definitely still working. Unfortunately, no bulbs but a wired in/soldered component. You need to remove the clock and radio head unit to be able to access a couple of the retaining bolts for this control unit. I was testing both the removed and replacement control units prior to re-assembly when the original control unit started working again. Replacement unit was fitted and has been working without any issues for the last 6 months. Original unit is in my spares bin as a backup.

In hindsight, maybe there was some corrosion on the electrical connections which got removed after connecting a few times.

If you need/want a replacement, try this eBay listing

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/284704892356?hash=item4249bbe5c4:g:AtcAAOSwcFJhna4-&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsG3ImQCS0yghg2o9PIesHlum1ZZbidx93z%2Fno9salHywdv1UkMnGKufnb0dTpUc7Nc8Sw4DBS%2BSLhwfNmia8EpGzE%2B3ru%2BSn2U1X3xz2sNbxVaUrYLqo4GbULBjwMsaa4SoLv6HauezBS5Na8scIodQqL6mPD%2F%2BXnwmNpXDODBa8n7hSAlukhvd1Blx2%2B0JNpnaiCczHV%2FPWeAy6NJGHKLpq8j2Y2XZqvZTU%2BJMlYJVj|tkp%3ABk9SR-iV_b7aYA&frcectupt=true

Cheers for that I will have a look tommorow ,I appreciate the advice thanks 

On 8/25/2022 at 6:29 PM, campbeam said:

In case you do need or want to remove or access the heater A/C control unit, definitely recommend viewing this YouTube video which is more about replacing the head unit. Also something that I learnt the hard way is that the heater A/C control unit is connected to the head unit with a sideways connecting motion. Best to remove the head unit and heater A/C control unit as one then use a sideways/horizontal sliding motion to disconnect the heater A/C control unit. Assembly is the reverse; connecting both units together then bolts to the dash.

Thankyou I will watch it now cheers 

On 8/26/2022 at 12:37 PM, Tony Prodigy said:

Cheers I will look at that i appreciate the advice.  Thankyou very much