Power window problems

Mtarago

Hi everyone. I've got a driver's side power window on my 07 Tarago that won't come back up. I can hear the motor clicking when I push the button to lower it but silence when I try to raise it. Any ideas on what might be wrong or if there's a way to raise it manually so I can get the glass out and remove the mechanism to check it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers. 

If you can hear motor going one way & not the other suspect the switch at fault. I'm also not sure if there's a micro switch at the end of each travel to tell the computer it's all the way down or up which might also be faulty. A repair manual or someone with Tarago experience would help here.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mtarago said:

I've got a driver's side power window on my 07 Tarago that won't come back up. I can hear the motor clicking when I push the button to lower it but silence when I try to raise it.

It might help to remove the motor, open it up and clean the gears inside. There could be old, dried up grease in there causing it to stick OR it could have broken a tooth and it's lodged in there good. You won't know for sure until you open it.

I don't think it's an electrical issue as you mentioned that it does go down but with a clicking noise and nothing when trying to go back up.

If you have power on either side of the switch, then the switch is good. The switch only serves to reverse the polarity of the motor. If it goes one way then it should go the other way if the gears are unobstructed. 

I'm having a similar issue in my BMW where the motor is jammed. Press the button either way and all you hear is a click. It's trying to move the gears, but something is preventing this. I have a new motor to replace it, but I'll be opening it up first to see what the heck is going on for sure before I decide on using the new motor. It's a common problem unfortunately.

• Thanks 1