P0015 Error

CatG

Hi all,

I have a 2008 KXS Kluger with 217K on the clock.  In the last 10 days I have had my traction control, VSC and engine light coming on and going off at varying intervals. The longest they have been on is a couple of days and the shortest they have been on is a couple of hours. I put it down to a loose sensor (perhaps?), but I was booked to get my rear brakes done at my local, Toyota service centre so asked them to do a diagnostic on it for me… despite the fact that the lights had not been on since Tuesday night. 
I have been told that their diagnostics showed a P0015 error and that this could be a timing chain issue, but it would be a very big job to confirm this (engine out).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this on a similarly aged vehicle or should I be looking at the possibility of it being a completely different problem altogether?

032C7A72-7A2F-4C4C-8C41-A7977E1152E7.jpeg

C0661667-50E1-4B87-A45D-DEA0B8324607.jpeg

Very coincidental that The Car Nut recently posted a YouTube video about the misdiagnosis of these error codes. Instead of the timing chain it is most likely going to be the Oil Control Valve {OCV} . Have a look at the recent thread on this Forum.

Here is the link to a YouTube video about how to fix the P0015 error code.

• Thanks 2

Cheers Ashley,

Great to know that it could be something much more easily managed. I will have the camshaft OCV looked at first and go from there.  I only had an oil and filter change done about 6 weeks ago, so I’d like to think that wouldn’t be causing the problem, but who knows?!

Just now, CatG said:

Cheers Ashley,

Great to know that it could be something much more easily managed. I will have the camshaft OCV looked at first and go from there.  I only had an oil and filter change done about 6 weeks ago, so I’d like to think that wouldn’t be causing the problem, but who knows?!

Well age wise it's getting up there 😞