Ignition Relays/fuse problems

Mobywon

Going Mad right now. Recently done an engine swap along with wiring harness, replaced new battery, alternator and fusible link block but now wont start from the key. Will start and run by bypassing the relay, and even tried borrowing a realy from another Lux still no go. Have done all the testing of cable and other fuses all seem to be intact. Short of getting a scan tool what am I missing. GRRR

Edited by Mobywon

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I've done some method checking and have come to a conclusion I need some help, anyone on here actually read my earlier post,, (No reply) hmmmm!?

Edited by Mobywon
spelling

Hi Arie I am sure many have read your previous post but in my opinion I would now be seeking an auto electrician as it does sound like a issue with relays not liking each other or the wiring harness so that is my suggestion try contacting an auto electrician yes will cost a bit but that is the price we have to pay for expert help at times.

KAA

On 9/3/2022 at 10:46 PM, Mobywon said:

Going Mad right now. Recently done an engine swap along with wiring harness, replaced new battery, alternator and fusible link block but now wont start from the key. Will start and run by bypassing the relay, and even tried borrowing a realy from another Lux still no go. Have done all the testing of cable and other fuses all seem to be intact. Short of getting a scan tool what am I missing. GRRR

Hi Arie, I get your frustration, but it's difficult to diagnose stuff like that online without it becoming a crap shoot of ideas.

Apart from checking the obvious such as connections, ground wires etc, I would like to ask if you inspected the condition of the replacement wiring harness and it's compatibility with the original setup.

Was is a straight up engine swap, like for like, or is there more to the story ?

Did you change the ECU ?

You need to provide more details I'm afraid, otherwise it leaves us all scratching our heads being blindfolded.

• Like 1

yeah cheers guys. Had a auto sparky suggest old original motor wirng loom/harness , and  worked 1st go. All plug n play... Bloody dodgy wreckers must have damaged loom that came with repalcement motor. Thanks for your reply though.   finally resolved 

• Like 1

She's a go'er now all I need is rego and Off we go. Hey know anyone wanting to buy will advertise Facebook Market place  Asking price above 10 Thou,, bloody good ute.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 6:41 PM, Mobywon said:

yeah cheers guys. Had a auto sparky suggest old original motor wirng loom/harness , and  worked 1st go. All plug n play... Bloody dodgy wreckers must have damaged loom that came with repalcement motor. Thanks for your reply though.   finally resolved 

I had a feeling it would be loom related. Wreckers are rough as guts mate, and I reckon there was probably some pulling and tugging on that loom during the time the mechanicals were pulled. Doesn't take much to damage a delicate socket or two.

Glad it worked out ok for you.

Happy motoring :thumbsup:

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1