MY21 Hilux interior lights not working

Sarge95

Hi guys,

Bought an mine spec toyota hilux 2021 dual cab with the 2.8L. I dont have much experience with hilux's...i also own a 2020 toyota supra anywho...

Having some electrical problems 😕

1. Interior button lights dont illuminate/work at night. Not even the the hazard button. The automatic gear selector lights dont work. Also the buttons on the headunit dont light up. None of the a/c buttons knobs dont illuminate so cant see anything at night and where i am pressing.

Note all the actual buttons do work though!! Like the buttons work themselves when i press them they execute the function. but the light on the back of the buttons dont..

The speedometer dash all works fine!! Only interior lights that work are the light ring around the key hole, the airbag indicator on the dash and the clock on the dash. The ceiling light does work when i switch it on.

My tailights also dont work at night unless i press the brake then they light up otherwise even if the lights are on the tailights are not. Which is making me wonder if the lights i have on are actually not the regular lights but the daytime running lights.

What i am noticing is the light switch stalk on the steering wheel always has the daylight running lights on?? when in auto but when i flick it to regular lights nothing changes. Took some photos below to show how the cabin doesnt have any illumination on buttons.

I also cant switch the lights off...no option.

What fuses should i check and wiring.

20220906_210340.jpg

20220906_210238.jpg

20220906_210238.jpg

20220906_210312.jpg

Ive got an x miner as well frankly the mechanics they have at different sites hardly make the grade ,go back and try to find where they tapped into the wiring loom ,its going to be maybe easy to find or a ****show get your test light a wiring diagrahm  good luck