Fortuner centre console lid upgrade

Pafc1870

Hi All,

Recently received our 2022 Gxl Fortuner with Premium interior upgrade. The funny thing is when you spend the extra $2500 for the premium interior upgrade it doesnt include the centre console lid, so instead of getting a nice padded leather console lid it comes with the same lid you get in the Gx. We were wondering if anyone has upgraded the centre console lid from the standard hard plastic lid to the console lid found in the crusade?

Question is, were you made aware that the upgrade didn't include the lid ? 
It would seem plausible though, that if a nicer, padded lid was available in the Fortuna range, then it should form part of the interior upgrade. That's what the upgrade is  right ?

I'd speak to them and query the lack of transparency and I have a feeling they may have pulled a slippery one on you. 

Thanks mate, we definitely weren't made aware the upgrade didn't include the lid but we never thought to ask either. I broached the issue with the dealership and also Toyota Australia and both have confirmed it isn't part of the upgrade and neither can confirm if the lid from the crusade will fit the gxl. If it fits I'm more than happy to stump up the coin  but it's not cheap as we have to purchase the whole lid assembly which includes the top and bottom lid, hinges, latch & screws etc. Cost $480

7 hours ago, Pafc1870 said:

Thanks mate, we definitely weren't made aware the upgrade didn't include the lid but we never thought to ask either. I broached the issue with the dealership and also Toyota Australia and both have confirmed it isn't part of the upgrade and neither can confirm if the lid from the crusade will fit the gxl. If it fits I'm more than happy to stump up the coin  but it's not cheap as we have to purchase the whole lid assembly which includes the top and bottom lid, hinges, latch & screws etc. Cost $480

It's a real bummer sometimes. I hate how dealers can sometimes blur the lines. 

One needs to be more tenacious these days, flush out all the facts before committing to anything. Can't trust dealers to do anything. 
To have to pay an additional $500 really sucks when in all fairness it should've come as standard with the so called "upgrade"

It's the age of the "gouge" unfortunately. People and business are getting greedy and it has nothing to do with inflation or interest rates. It's just the new flavour of the modern times.