Anyone know what this switch is for??

DvsOne

Hi guys,

i have a jdm st185 that has this switch on the panel under the steering wheel. Looks like a door or window lock switch but there are already buttons for that on the drivers door panel. I used google translate on the writing and it says “remote controller” but the switch doesn’t seem to do anything at all.

any ideas?

DDB80E0F-FD31-403A-8627-50CDECE88460.jpeg

Hi Mate, Too my eyes it is a window lock, it locks all the windows mostly to stop children putting them up and down. By your post as you said you already have the switches on the drivers door panel it could just be a dummy switch fitted to fill a switch gap. I would remove and see if anything else is attached too it.

KAA

Edited by KAA

Thanks guys.

there is definitely 2 wires connected to the back of it.

my first thought was window lock as well but the windows still work from both switches when it is on and there is already a window lock button on the drivers door that does work.

Hi Dan, hmm so wire attached to the back of the switch. Well if possible I would be trying to follow them and see where they lead too. May be tough but if you can see the colours you may be able too trace their source, if you unplug them does anything change? If you have access to a multi-meter you could see if they are live, if not then I suppose only thing is too try and trace them. I hate mysteries and it would bug me until I knew what that was for.

KAA

On 9/24/2022 at 11:04 AM, Hiro said:

Almost certainly door lock-related rather than window-lock based off the symbol (maybe a disable for the central locking remote based off the text). 

Maybe an early version of "auto lock" (speed or a gear selection causes this to activate?)

On 9/23/2022 at 9:05 PM, KAA said:

Hi Dan, hmm so wire attached to the back of the switch. Well if possible I would be trying to follow them and see where they lead too. May be tough but if you can see the colours you may be able too trace their source, if you unplug them does anything change? If you have access to a multi-meter you could see if they are live, if not then I suppose only thing is too try and trace them. I hate mysteries and it would bug me until I knew what that was for.

KAA

I’ll have to see if i can trace the wires and also see if it has power to it but it is a massive birdsnest of wires under there lol

On 9/24/2022 at 11:04 AM, Hiro said:

Almost certainly door lock-related rather than window-lock based off the symbol (maybe a disable for the central locking remote based off the text). 

That was what i was hoping it was because i need the remote override switch to program a new remote as a spare but nope it doesn’t effect the remote or alarm in any way

On 9/26/2022 at 6:54 AM, Novicebutnice said:

Maybe an early version of "auto lock" (speed or a gear selection causes this to activate?)

That’s possoble. I’ll have to flick it on and go for a drive and see