newby- need good quiet tyres - aurion 2016 (atx not sport)

MyLovelyAurion

need new front tyres, (sorry if this has been ansered before, i tried my best -read a few posts but coz of a medical condition i cant look at the screen too long).

previous owner had noisy sports tyres according to the place that serviced my car- i do not like the noise. 

i hire alot of cars and my exp has always been good with toyotas, so i know what im missing with my own aurion now.

for sydney region, what should i get for my aurion, should i get what the car came with when new?

what are some good options for quiet tyres , say between middle range and best ? 

does tyre sizes also play a part in this ? then what do i do...

will every tyre installer have them or do i need to make calls 1st if in stock ?

i want good tyres but i want to avoid spending my lifesavings if i can ?

please help. thanks

I buy Michelin.. have done for many years..not the quietest tyres I've ever had, but Perhaps it's just the crap roads I travel on around Toowoomba. Running michelin Primacy 4, on my 09' Presara atm..they have proven to be truly great tyres, in all road conditions.

You get what you pay for with tyres, your life may depend on them one day, don't skimp..

Edited by Bigmike62
Spelling

Totally agree Mike, tyres can be the difference of life and death I am also running the Primacy's on my 09 Presara and "Faye" is happy as am I. Quality costs and these days even more but you can shop around for sales as many have them on right now.

KAA

• Like 1

I am mainly interested in Touring type tyres with good handling and excellent wet braking performance.

These tyres are on my preference list for consideration.

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003    $139
Continental UltraContact 6    $139
Michelin Primacy 4 [New Generation 2018/9]    $151

Pricing is not recent, so merely a guide. If I was having to buy tyres this month, then I would most likely end up with either the Primacy 4 or Continental UC6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've only ever had Michelin tyres on mine. Our Aurion had the original Bridgestone's on it when we bought it and they were horrible. No grip and the road noise was horrendous.

When we put the Michelins on it for the first time it was like riding in a Rolls Royce. It was sublime !
The car was totally transformed. Super quiet, improved steering response and way better ride.

Just be sure when you have new tyres fitted, make sure the date codes are "old stock"

I'm sure there are other tyres than can offer similar experiences to mine, but I can't confirm as I've only ever used Michelin. Been very happy with the brand and quality, so I just stick with them.

Got my last set for a great deal with Supercheap Auto's promotion they had for their members, so that was great. Saved over $100 over a Bob Jane and the like..

• Like 2

• 1 year later...