Tinted Front Lights????

KaZe-

Hey there guys,

ive seen the dark tint for the corolla 05 facelift does anyone have a good DIY or knoe of any place in melbourne that can do that so make most of the chrome parts black??

Cheers Steve

what u mean is custom painted headlights.

cannot do diy as it is hard and possibility of breaking ur headlights is high

i heard people put their headlights in oven for a while to loosen the seals to open (hence why possibility of break is so high)

Look around in yellowpages i guess... usually this job is done for 300-500 bux and if ur lucky maybe cost u more, good luck.

lol i knoe u have to put it in the oven or u can use a hair dryer or a heat gun even but i just wanted to knoe if anyone on the foruom has done it b4 or knoe of any thnx any way Tori cuz my celica fren was gonna do a diy on it so we'll see wat happens

Steve,

fine fine i make it more neat.

buy headlight cover from toyota.

buy spray tint, tint inside of headlights,

slap em on.

i dont think u can do this after u get ur eyelids tho :P

cops will give u heaps of **** but just take it off i suppose.

beter then tinting your real headlights then u cant reverse that.

i saw this mod on the sp23 the red one it was awsome.

Edited by vyets

or you could just leave steve alone... ive wanted to see a corolla with tinted headlights for a while, and i have no idea about the problems you can face with tinting your headlights(except cop trouble)... these sites exist so people can LEARN, not get flamed for trying to boost their knowledge... you could have made your little suggestion about headlight covers and NOT told him he was stupid for asking.

get a life. and learn to spell. and learn to use some punctuation every once in a while.

or you could just leave steve alone... ive wanted to see a corolla with tinted headlights for a while, and i have no idea about the problems you can face with tinting your headlights(except cop trouble)... these sites exist so people can LEARN, not get flamed for trying to boost their knowledge... you could have made your little suggestion about headlight covers and NOT told him he was stupid for asking.

get a life. and learn to spell. and learn to use some punctuation every once in a while.

you go tom!

besides, i think u missed the point completely vyets...

he doesnt want the front of the headlights tinted, he wants the inside of the headlights tinted, like pippy did.

pippys headlight

very possible to do steve, but difficult, throw pippy a PM and see if he can give u some advice (unless i missed the point and this isnt what u wanted lol)

ok my bad... i thought you were having a go at him... i cant stand that on forums... sorry vyets

heyyy pippy's lights look really good! i wouldnt mind that... if you work out a way to do it that looks like that, let me know!

dw about it rolla dude. just a misunderstanding.

do the jdm rollas come with black housing like that, caus most of the other jdm cars, it looks awsome but, the celicas come jdm like that, and theres afew for sale on us ebay.

daym too bad this is for usdm corolla. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05-TOYOT...1QQcmdZViewItem

tunedrunx40cl.jpg

is that one a jdm runx?

Edited by vyets

LMAOooO vyet u got OWNED!!!?!! BWahAHahhh thnx guys for stick up for me lolz nah JKZ vyet is coOlz =P damn tyre tractions.... lol ill ask pippy about it. thats the corolla i saw with the tinted lights *drOOolz* OMG its sooOO hot!!

Cheers All

when i figure out how to take the lights off il do it!

i did it a few nights ago, sprayed some of the inside bits black, DIY yo! took about 2.5 hours all up to do, looks a bit meaner, but i didnt spray much of it, havent done the other side yet, but looks meaner :) :)

used a heat gun to seperate the light, when i was doing it i was thinkg damn, time to go wreckers for a new headlight, but it turned out! need to silicon it up though!

u got any pics for us?? would love pics and how much u reackon for old secondhand lights ill probly buy some and experement on them lolz cuz i would wanna do this before i put my new c-one eyelids on it would be hard to tint them with the eyelids on u knoe...

Cheers Steve,

Edited by KaZe-StiVo

pete i reckon cos you have chrome tail lights, you should keep your head lights chromed up too... especially with the white wheels... i really like the way your car is red and highlighted in white/chrome all over the place...

bangn wat did u use to seal it back up?? do u get the misty water and vapour in there i really wanna do this before my eyelids come >.< scared i might fuk it up though...

Steve,

pete i reckon cos you have chrome tail lights, you should keep your head lights chromed up too... especially with the white wheels... i really like the way your car is red and highlighted in white/chrome all over the place...

Thanks bro! might leave it then! But a slight front tint would look ok.

Maybe someone should post up a workshop instructional how to? - i'd love to get instructions and pics on how to do this :D

but apparently you need to silicone the lights shut! To me thats dodge! :)