2004 extra cab 4x4 5L-E convert back to mechanical injection or engine swap for other mechanical injected diesel engine.

Millsy17

Hi all, new to site. I own a 2004 4x4 extra cab 5L-E. Am looking to either convert back to mechanical injection (and turbo) the 5L-E or convert to something mechanically injected with more power the only stipulation is that I want to stay diesel and no electronic (comp) controlled injection. Anyone able to point me in the right direction or know of a shop I can direct my enquiries to (where in Australia doesnt matter). Thanx in Advance.

HD Automotive over Brisneyland way at Rocklea, have a fuel pump exchange programme and from their website, a 5L-E back conversion to a mechanical fuel pump is routine for them. From what I can make out, you'd have to source an old unit to send to them as part of the deal.

The dudes over at Berrima Diesel outside Wollongong have been very helpful/responsive to queries I've had in the recent past. They're bound to have done this sort of thing at least once, I'd bet. That's another line of inquiry that you could check out.