Toyota Vienta Grande Rego Papers

Vibgyor241

Hey fellow club members, do you own a Toyota Vienta Grande? If you do, can you please check your rego papers and let me know if the RTA have it as a Toyota Vienta Grande or as a Camry XV 20? Thanks in advance. 

I don't have a Vienta Grande but I can say that the RTA (Service NSW) don't recognise what trim level your car is. If your car is a Camry of a certain model architecture, then it will only be listed as such. So don't be alarmed if you see it the way you do. That is the correct information and standard operation.

Examples. I have an Aurion 50 series Prodigy and a BMW M3 Coupe.

The Aurion is listed as "2012 Toy Aurion Sedan"

The M3 is listed as "1999 B.m.w. 3 Series - E36 Sedan"

• Thanks 1

Rego papers don't usually go in to detail about model/trim etc (plus sometimes they can be a bit wrong).  As long as the VIN/engine number, number-plate and relevant details for road tax/insurance purposes (mass, number of doors, type of vehicle etc) are correct, that's all that really matters.

And technically a Vienta is still a Camry anyway, it was just the badge put on the top-spec V6 models (the XV10s were badged as Camry Vientas too) - just like how a Calais is still a Commodore but it doesn't wear the badge.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I don't have a Vienta Grande but I can say that the RTA (Service NSW) don't recognise what trim level your car is. If your car is a Camry of a certain model architecture, then it will only be listed as such. So don't be alarmed if you see it the way you do. That is the correct information and standard operation.

Examples. I have an Aurion 50 series Prodigy and a BMW M3 Coupe.

The Aurion is listed as "2012 Toy Aurion Sedan"

The M3 is listed as "1999 B.m.w. 3 Series - E36 Sedan"

Thank you very much Tony.  The reason I asked is because we had an accident and the car was deemed a total loss.  Shannon’s the insurance company now have to investigate why it was listed as Camry elsewhere when we insured it as a Vienta Grande before they settle the claim. Hopefully they will also come to the same conclusion as what you have said.  Thanks again.  Much appreciated.  It was a very loved car.  I had it serviced regularly and used Royal purple for the oil and only 98 premium fuel.  It had done 477K kms and was still mechanically 100%. Very sad to see it gone. 

17 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Rego papers don't usually go in to detail about model/trim etc (plus sometimes they can be a bit wrong).  As long as the VIN/engine number, number-plate and relevant details for road tax/insurance purposes (mass, number of doors, type of vehicle etc) are correct, that's all that really matters.

And technically a Vienta is still a Camry anyway, it was just the badge put on the top-spec V6 models (the XV10s were badged as Camry Vientas too) - just like how a Calais is still a Commodore but it doesn't wear the badge.

Thank you Hiro.  Much appreciated.  It is annoying when Shannons hold off settling the claim because the Vin and Chassis on the system shows up as a Camry when insured as a Vienta Grande, until they investigate it further. I had that car for 22 years and loved it more than I love my Lexus IS250C.