• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

I have a question i dunno if i can ask in this thread but i wanted to know what the best tyres are for my car i currently have 195/45r16.

I need new tread and i want to get wider thicker tread as i have seen in this thread all of you guys have 205/50 or 55r16 tyres and i feel jipped i spin soo much on launch and i feel its becuase i dont have enough tread for the mods i have installed now what do you guys think i have cusco zero-2 coilovers do you think 205 50 or 55r16z are better i want as much tread as i can shove under the guards so what is the most for a low car without scrubbing round hard corners and whats the best tyre i spoke to the lil man xoom lol and he suggests toyo t1-r's i want as much traction as possible i dont care about how long they last as long as i get the best tread possible for the best grip :spiteful:

• 1 month later...

Just adding a quickie to this thread.. For those people wanting a set of replacement tyres in the same size as original (and someone may want to update the first post with this) Toyo make their Teo model tyre in 195/55/16.

They're listed as a "Touring" tyre, so may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for between $140 - $150 per corner they aren't bad value for money ;)

Edited by bluesteel

• 4 months later...
to add to that amazing list is

Goodyear revspec-205-50-16

and

Maxxis Mav1?- 205-50-16(this tyre is very average and its sh!t in the wet)

Maxxis MA-Z1 :)

I couldn't find any info on the Revspec.

• 4 weeks later...

I have found the following tyres that apparently are the same as our standard sizes:

Dunlop - SP SPORT 01

Dunlop - SP SPORT 3000A

Bridgestone Turanzq ER30

GoodYear - Excellence

GoodYear - Eagle NCT5

GoodYear - Eagle LS2000

Maxxis - MA-PW Presa Snow

Maxxis - MA-SPW Presa Wintermaxx

Michelin - PILOT PRIMACY

Toyo - Teo

I'm no expert and am just going on the following size:

195/55/R16

Any reason why we can't get any of the models above?

If they are ok what are the better ones to look at getting for a bit of performance but also not too noisy on the road?

Cheers

Fudge

If you don't have an issue parallel importing your tyres, Japan sells the various tyres in the stock size. For example you can get C.Drive and Adrenaline R001 in 195/55R16. Most likely reason they don't sell them here is a lack of demand and 205/50R16 is prob cheaper for them to sell.

Edited by SuperDave

So are all the following products not avalible in Australia?

Dunlop - SP SPORT 01

Dunlop - SP SPORT 3000A

Bridgestone Turanzq ER30

GoodYear - Excellence

GoodYear - Eagle NCT5

GoodYear - Eagle LS2000

Michelin - PILOT PRIMACY

Toyo - Teo

I got them from the Australian websites so assumed they where for sale in Aus?

Has any one managed to get any of the following tyres above?

So are all the following products not avalible in Australia?

Dunlop - SP SPORT 01

Dunlop - SP SPORT 3000A

Bridgestone Turanzq ER30

GoodYear - Excellence

GoodYear - Eagle NCT5

GoodYear - Eagle LS2000

Michelin - PILOT PRIMACY

Toyo - Teo

I got them from the Australian websites so assumed they where for sale in Aus?

Has any one managed to get any of the following tyres above?

I know the Turanza ER30 and Eagle NCT5 can be bought here as one or two members here have them.

If they're on the Australian website, they should be able to be purchased here. Out of that lot, I'd go the Michelins as I've had extremely good experience with them.

BTW, the Goodyear Eagle LS2000 load rating is of 86. Minimum for a Corolla Sportivo is 87. The rest I didn't put up as they didn't meet the speed rating requirements.

I think most tyres above where around a 87V rating which is the same as the stock ones (higher performance). Although I know there might have been a few that where not although not many I though (but it was late at night so I could be wrong)

I also found the following tyre today that is a really good price and same specs as our stock ones, a client from work has a pair on his XR8 ute and says they have been great....

Kumho KU31 $145

55 series KU31 195/55R16 87V - Same spec as our stock tryres I belive (545KG Tyre Load / 240KM/h Speed Rating)

http://www.kumho.com.au/product_detail.php...e&tyre=KU31

Apparently can get them fitted for $145 per tyre I though this sounded really well priced... any idea if they are any good? It sound too good to be true?

Cheers

Fudge :rolleyes:

I found the following link that apprently says the tyres are ok:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...ay.jsp?type=UHP

Came in at an overall 6th place and for the price this seems VERY good? Comments any one?

Edited by fudgebottom

No takers?

I've been talking to a few people at work that have had them before and say they where very good and for the price you can't beat them so I reckon I might go ahead with them in the next few weeks :-)

This might be a really good tyre for us, well priced and relatively good quality wise apparently :toast:

Edited by fudgebottom

• 1 month later...

as people might be aware standard ze122 corollas have load ratings of 88...unlike the sportivo version which is 87!!!!!

so when i bought sportivo rims the only road legal 205/50/16 tyre was the TOYO Proxes 4 91V

watch out too if you do get sportivo rims to get the special wheel nuts with them. The standard wheel nuts do not fit.

Edited by jonrolla

Good call JonRolla, I have had Toyo Proxes4 205/50/16 91V on my car for a couple of months now, and no complaints yet. However there is also a legal Yokohama for us non sportivo drivers. The Yokohama A.Drive R1, 205/50/16 91V. I got quoted about $180 a corner for each of these tyres when I purchased mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Yokohama S drive in 205/50/16. http://www.yokohama.com.au/ourtyres/tyre.aspx?tyreid=206

First impressions are that they are a quieter tyre than the toyo t1r that I had and the steering response from them is a lot better, but maybe this is because I was running 205/55/16 in the toyos. Dry grip is the same if not better than the toyos. Don't know about wet grip yet.