Wheels 4 the Stivo

Sport1vo

Ok guys

lauched another topic...........

What wheels have you got on your machines, sizes and tyres?

Also I have a friend who is looking for "a" Sportivo Rim with tyre????, maybe you are keen to sell you spare. Let me know via PM and I will notify him - Melb.

17" x 7" Ozzy Racing White Rims

Flaken 502 Ziex 215/45/R17.

the stivo might be getting lowered tomorrow.

a drop of 1.5" (35mm) i don't wanna be too low and scraping and rubbing.

does anyone have any problems with the rubber rubbing against the wheel arch?

(in regards to having too wide of an offset or something)

my rims look like they're a bit too wide...but the suspension shop said i shouldn't have any problems...(i hope!)

at the moment: 17" x 7" Shadow Chrome Advanti Stalkers 215/45r17 Goodyear F1 GSD2

mine rub. but they don't touch the metal bits. just occasional rubbing of the plastic inner guard when either cornering too fast or hitting bumps too fast. i think its a problem of the wheel offset and the height of the tyre. the current offsets which i am led to believe are at 40. but i suspect they are closer to 37.

p1_ts.jpg

when i get my new buddyclub P1 wheels (above) which have an offset of 43, which shouldn't cause problems.

if they still touch, i'll give up and just get me some stock wheels! :P

G.MAX wheels and I stand by them, fantastic wheels for it's price. Very light, almost as light as the P1s. Definitely value for money.

My rubbers aren't fantastic, therefore I'm looking at getting new ones soon. I tink the brand is Firenza or something like that.

can sum1 explain how to interperate offset?

i have no idea.

i'm getting my car lowered today by 35mm.

and i was looking at the wheels side on, they stick out heaps! and without lowering, looks like the wheels from the front and rear, the edge of the rubber is just within the guards...about 1mm in from the guards.

what kinda offset would i have then?

Whats the maximum width of tires that would fit on our stock stivo rims? Can you squeeze 215s onto ours? I'm wondering if they made Goodyear Eagle F1s in the thread width of our stock rims..

sportivo rim is 6" so going by the rule + 2" gives a maximum tyre width of 195.

there is goodyear eagle f1 gsd2 and gsd3 in 195 width but the profile, rim size and load rating is wrong.

17's + lowered springs = rubbing :lol: i should know! how's the ride tj bet you it's pretty rough..that's why i am going back to 16's and factory springs..sick of the rough ride, rubbing, bottoming out..and the warranty aspect as well.

mee i think danz was talking about 17" wheels because 215/40-R16 would be very under sized on a sportivo.

have you contacted a wheel/tyre dealer with your question? they should be experts.

215/40/R17 with an offset of 43 will not rub as long as u did not drop it too much. Even on my ride height it hardly rub. The only times it will rub is when i corner too fast too hard. I believe low king and 215/40/R17 offset 43, will not rub at all. Mine is not sportivo and my spring is lower than low king.

I only asked cuz I was thinking of what tires to change to next after the stock turanzas go.. I would like to keep the stock rims so I have to stick to 16s or is it also possible to use 17s? A pretty stupid question but I would like to clarify <_<

danz: yep. i'm using 215/45/r17. i have no idea what my offset is. gonna call the place i bought them from and find out.

only rubs when i go over humps/dips too fast.

slowly, everything works fine =)

The ride is BEAUTIFUL!!!

It's not rough at all. Sure, a little more road feel. But definately not like (BOUNCE! OUCH! BOUCE!).

they're Low Kings

PN: KTFL-105 (front)

KTRL-106 (rear)

from what i remember.

ride is excellent! post pictures once i get good ones =)

Many of us here are using 17" rims. You'll just have to get lower profile wheels to make sure that your speedo is correct.

You mean use 17" low profiles on the stivo 16" rims? Sorry if I'm slow.. :(