Stedi H11 Projector LEDs

Jacaranda

Hi all, 

Looking for feedback on the Stedi H11 Projector LEDs (low beam). 

Are they easy to fit because I find removing and replacing the OEM halogens quite challenging, particularly on the passenger side. 

Is the light output worth the upgrade and is the 24 month warranty legit? 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

I consider the fitting of the STEDI H11 LED bulbs to the low beam projector headlights on my Oct.2006 Aurion ATX as being a highly worthwhile upgrade. I have had them fitted for slightly less than 2 years and absolutely appreciate them every time when driving at night. They provide better light output than the high performance halogen bulbs that I have previously had and those only lasted about 2 years.

I have previously bought a number H11 LED bulbs on eBay and those have barely lasted 6 weeks before failing. Eventually stopped throwing money away on these budget buys and bought the STEDI H11 LED bulbs.

Looks like I will not have to make a warranty claim. If they were to fail shortly after the 2 year period, I would not hesitate to buy them again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your very, very helpful feedback. 

Last year I bought genuine Philips Diamond halogens but one died in two months and the ebay seller didn't want to know me. 

I went back to the OEM halogens until this week when I bought LEDs from SVA on special. 

Unfortunately, they are longer than the OEM halogens and impossible to fit into the housing without damage. Even if they did fit, I would still have to contend with the copper straps and drivers. 

I'm assuming that you bought the projector-specific H11 LEDs from Stedi with the cooling fan. 

Did you have any issues with the installation? As you know, it's very tight particularly on the passenger side. It would be nice to have smaller hands! 😂

• Like 1

Yes, my STEDI H11 LED bulbs have the cooling fan.

Any fitting issues are the same or very similar to an OEM halogen bulb. Bit of a squeeze or juggle to get the LED bulb into the headlight housing, as expected.

For myself, it was either hit or miss getting the bulb properly seated then turning the bulb body to lock into position. When I was having difficulty, I ended up temporarily removing the LED bulb, inserting an OEM bulb and paid close attention to the initial and end positions of the locking tabs on the base of the bulb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can't go wrong with those STEDIs 

You might need to turn the steering wheel right and squeeze your hands through the guards up for a easier reach the left headlight socket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jacaranda said:

I actually removed the front wheels and inner guards just to replace the parking bulbs with LEDs 😂

I have done the same when replacing the parking bulbs. However, I not fully removed the plastic inner wheel guard. Instead I have removed just the front retaining clips and pulled back the inner guard for enough working space.

I went and had another look at the passenger side headlight bulb. I manage working above and to one side when replacing the headlight bulb.

Certainly thought a few times about removing the battery [but not yet done] for more room when replacing the passenger side headlight bulb.

For myself, the main issue has been seating the bulb properly in the headlight housing and engaging the locking tabs.

• Thanks 1

Yes I agree 100%. The locking tabs are a PITA to engage. 

If there was a safe way to remove that single skin of metal behind each headlight it would give a bit more wiggle room. 

I can't see how it would affect the structural integrity. 

20230323_131126~2.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@campbeam

My Stedi H11 Projector LEDs arrived and I installed them based on your tips. 

Despite wearing gloves the back of my right hand is bruised but I'll live. 

The Stedis are bloody awesome and I no longer need to switch on the driving/fog lights when travelling on unlit expressways. 

😊

• Like 1