Smashed my sportivo

Sorry to hear that...and It's heart breaking to see that photo.... :(

But as the other guys said, I'm glad that you're ok, and no one got injured. I can't imagine what would happend if it came from the side, that would be lot worst......provided we don't have Side Airbag in our corolla.

Hope that the police can catch that guy!

Guys,

Just got word from the insurance company, apparently it will take 3 weeks to repair the sportivo....So annoyed, seriously does it take this long to repair this type of damage...The bad thing is, the smash repairers don't even have courtesy vehicles or loan cars...

Guys,

Just got word from the insurance company, apparently it will take 3 weeks to repair the sportivo....So annoyed, seriously does it take this long to repair this type of damage...The bad thing is, the smash repairers don't even have courtesy vehicles or loan cars...

if you want it done properly it will + factoring in the fact that they are probably working on a few cars as well ... I had a small rear end touch up where i hit a new camry in the rear at no more than 15km/h and wat appeared to simply be front bar damage turned out to be a whole bunch of stuff messed up n broken behind the bar ... and they have the car for a little over a week ....

Your damage looks worse than what mine was at the time so i would say 3 weeks might be ok .....

Then again i aint a panel beater .....

Hey man sorry to hear about your car. That guy just driving off is a real *****!!!

Lost my first sportivo to a crap driver ( check my garage for the body kit.)

If the you give the insurance company your police report number and the police can track down the other person generally you don't need to pay your your insurance company.

Good to hear your ok.

Oh and to compound bad luck about one mouth after getting my new sportivo a volvo drive rear ended my car took three weeks to fix.

Hang in there man, bad things even happen to good people. hope your luck improves.

Thanks guys,

Police just called me on the weekend, apparently they have a positive match on the plates!!!! :D just waiting for my witness to visit his local police station and give his testiment.

I'll just leave all the work to the cops for the moment, and hopefully hear from them soon

Thanks guys,

Police just called me on the weekend, apparently they have a positive match on the plates!!!! :D just waiting for my witness to visit his local police station and give his testiment.

I'll just leave all the work to the cops for the moment, and hopefully hear from them soon

Im pretty sure if the accident is not your fault you only have pay the basic excess (usually $450-$500) if you cant find the other driver. Age excess etc if its only your fault. Plus if your mum drives into your car, she doesnt have pay any excess at all cuz she is family, some loop hole cuz you cant claim against your family.

You got off pretty lightly accident wise....

Did anyone watch the news last night???

See what happened with that little girl thats in intensive care because a 2kg block of concrete went straight through her mums car and hit her???

You were extremely lucky!!!

You got off pretty lightly accident wise....

Did anyone watch the news last night???

See what happened with that little girl thats in intensive care because a 2kg block of concrete went straight through her mums car and hit her???

You were extremely lucky!!!

Yeah that was a shocking story, but i agree with NIKICH you were very lucky.

Hey man sorry to hear about your car. That guy just driving off is a real *****!!!

Lost my first sportivo to a crap driver ( check my garage for the body kit.)

If the you give the insurance company your police report number and the police can track down the other person generally you don't need to pay your your insurance company.

Good to hear your ok.

Oh and to compound bad luck about one mouth after getting my new sportivo a volvo drive rear ended my car took three weeks to fix.

Hang in there man, bad things even happen to good people. hope your luck improves.

BLOODY VOLVO DRIVERS!

sorry to hear about your car man. thats pretty bad (don't think i can use bad words) how the other guy just drove off. But its good news that you're okay and that they've found a positive on the plates. Hope that guy gets what he deserves coming to him.

guys, just found out my insurance company has been doing a rego search on the wrong car. Apparently a new rego search will take another 4 weeks. This really Sh#ts me, this will mean i will have to fork out my excess as my car will take 2 weeks to finish work. Do you reckon it is worth complaining directly to the company for their negligence.?

guys, just found out my insurance company has been doing a rego search on the wrong car. Apparently a new rego search will take another 4 weeks. This really Sh#ts me, this will mean i will have to fork out my excess as my car will take 2 weeks to finish work. Do you reckon it is worth complaining directly to the company for their negligence.?

Mate its definately worth complaining. Your annoyance has to be made known to the "powers that be" in the company.

there needs to be some reimbursment for your time

Thanks guys,

Im pretty sure if the accident is not your fault you only have pay the basic excess (usually $450-$500) if you cant find the other driver. Age excess etc if its only your fault. Plus if your mum drives into your car, she doesnt have pay any excess at all cuz she is family, some loop hole cuz you cant claim against your family.

In the Insurance Contracts Act, its under Rights of Subrogation. If your mum was insured, she'd have to pay the excess on her policy and you should get the claim excess free (this also extends to relatives living within the same dwelling). If she is uninsured, the insurance company can't recover the full costs off of her, but can recover the deductible, ie. your excess.

Now heres the clincher, if your both listed as the policy holders for both vehicles (ie. your mum is a listed driver on your vehicle and vice versa), you both have to pay your excesses, try explaining that one to customers!

To the original poster, I'd pay the excess. What ****** me off in claims is the amount of people with like, $10000 damage to their car and they're being asked to pay $400 becuase they can't find the at fault driver, bloody whingers. If you've spoken to the Police and they have the third party details, you should be fine. The insurance company just has to contact crash records (usually by email) and they will send the info once investigation is complete.

I'd certainly mention the situation, especially if they've already waived it (they can't waive it then reinstate it unless circumstances have changed, which they haven't (look for a section in your policy that says 'Utmost good faith')). If your not happy, speak to a manager, then the claims dispute officer. You'll have to take the long road, as its a process set out by the Insurance Ombudsmand Service and (Voluntary) Code of Conduct.

If it were me, I'd just pay, further down the track you'll get it back. If your cars repaired but they wont release it due to unpaid excess, your just putting yourself out longer without a car.

And my final tip, hire a car if you need to. You can claim back the hire car expenses through either your insurance company (you may have to get a bit pushy for this) or the other partys insurer or directly (once again, be pushy). Your entitled to being in the same position as you were prior to the accident, ie. Having a car.

yea ima send my best wishez 2 you az well disturb3d...

i live in blacktown area... really close 2 the m7 and great western & m4. always thought about what if something like that happened 2 me while i was driving along those roads, coz yea ive driven past heaps of accidents on greatwestern, that included fatalitiez *shiverz* imagining myself in that position... with my wife n kid in the car with me... fk i wouldnt know what to do.

stay strong dude - seems thingz are going your way with the police and the witness, hope insurance will be good 2 u as well.

btw which insurance company are you with? if your with AAMI and they screw you around then ima consider changing insurers

yea ima send my best wishez 2 you az well disturb3d...

i live in blacktown area... really close 2 the m7 and great western & m4. always thought about what if something like that happened 2 me while i was driving along those roads, coz yea ive driven past heaps of accidents on greatwestern, that included fatalitiez *shiverz* imagining myself in that position... with my wife n kid in the car with me... fk i wouldnt know what to do.

stay strong dude - seems thingz are going your way with the police and the witness, hope insurance will be good 2 u as well.

btw which insurance company are you with? if your with AAMI and they screw you around then ima consider changing insurers

Well put it this way....i am deeply considering changing companies.It just Shts me how incompentant these guys are. Apparently, my mate who used to work with insurance, he told me that basically they can access driver details almost instantaneously. My insurance company has quoted 4-6 weeks for a registration check.

Like seriously, thats bullsH1@t.

Well i guess thats just how it is eyy.

Thanks for the feedback though

To the original poster, I'd pay the excess. What ****** me off in claims is the amount of people with like, $10000 damage to their car and they're being asked to pay $400 becuase they can't find the at fault driver, bloody whingers. If you've spoken to the Police and they have the third party details, you should be fine. The insurance company just has to contact crash records (usually by email) and they will send the info once investigation is complete.

Mate, i know what your saying here but wouldn't you be pi553d off if someone knew that they hit your car and drove off and there you are left to incurr the damages?

Mate, 400 is not my excess. my excess is like 1k... You start to feel the pain when you've got bills to pay hitting you all at once. Im just thinking why should i drop cash for something i didn't even do. i know that 1k is a fraction of a percentage of 10,000, but money is money, especially when your not at fault.

But i will ask the insurance about the age excess. Thanks for the advice though.

• 2 weeks later...

hey disturb3d,

great to hear the stivo is back on the road and all was fixed to perfection :D

just out of curiousity, how did the resprayed panels come out as i have recently had my rear door sprayed in black ink and i have noticed in direct sunlight the black looks a little deeper in colour when compared to the original factory front door. im not sure if its because of the way the metallic reflects against the sunlight as i know it produces different shades of the black in different light.

apart from this though, u cant even the door was resprayed when looked at in other conditions.

Edited by Cheeky Age

hey disturb3d,

great to hear the stivo is back on the road and all was fixed to perfection :D

just out of curiousity, how did the resprayed panels come out as i have recently had my rear door sprayed in black ink and i have noticed in direct sunlight the black looks a little deeper in colour when compared to the original factory front door. im not sure if its because of the way the metallic reflects against the sunlight as i know it produces different shades of the black in different light.

apart from this though, u cant even the door was resprayed when looked at in other conditions.

Hi Mate,

To be honest with you i can't tell that the panel has been resprayed, cause the hood and all surrounding hoods were sprayed. To me it looks good as new, even in direct or indirect sunlight.

Congrats!!!

Good to hear that after all the hassles your back driving....

Was everything sorted with insurance?? Did the other guy have to pay for everything??

Insurance is still being a b@tch. I've paid for the excess for the moment, but i do expect it back...As for the other guy, AAMI done the rego search on the wrong plates. Police even have the information but obviously wont give details out due to privacy reasons.