Red LED Console Mod DONE!!!!

ZAV

well i tried this red console mod out today. It turned out pretty nicely :D

I went to like 3 D**k Smith's and i got a total of 7 LED's. B*****ds have run out!. The 3 stores I cleared up were sunshine, highpoint and water gardens, so dont go there cause they have no more red LED's lol.

heres a pic

dsc00313wp0.th.jpg

hopefully i can finish the rest soon...

cheers

Nick

• 9 months later...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sil3nt

You actually used LED's? Or were they simply the little red condoms?

Me and Sil3nt did this together, We actually used LED's, where he had to solder them on.

The instructions were pretty straight forward. You would want to buy maybe 1 or 2 extra, just in case. Also a steady hand. I'll try and get photos of the finished project. Anyone in melb, could see it done on my rolla during the next meet. I should be attending. The choice of colours is entirely up to yourself.

• 1 month later...
Cheers hombres

has anyone one taken any pic's while the console is apart etc?

just want to see what the inside of console looks like..

so i can prepare for what is ahead, lolz..

thanks in advance

There are scattered accounts of it being performed throughout the website. I actually found it hard to find them all.

I Did the mod yesterday, u dont need to solder.

Autobahn sells red LEDs with the resisitor already attachted to them. they require only a little modification to fit (unbend the join on the original green globe to pull it out of its socket, and then just do the reverse with the LEDs to fit them in)

Autobahn sells them and they come premade with the resistors already attached. Close to perfect fit and the colours come out bright and spread evenly. Also without even having to mod the LEDs you can get one to fit perfectly into the ashtray globe socket.

(p.s still trying to figure out how to change the globe for the cigarette lighter socket and the little square lights above the aircon,rear dimist,front windshield and recyle air buttons.)

Just thought id ad that incase some of you were worried about changing behind your console...............i broke my first globe :huh: lol

I Did the mod yesterday, u dont need to solder.

Autobahn sells red LEDs with the resisitor already attachted to them. they require only a little modification to fit (unbend the join on the original green globe to pull it out of its socket, and then just do the reverse with the LEDs to fit them in)

Autobahn sells them and they come premade with the resistors already attached. Close to perfect fit and the colours come out bright and spread evenly. Also without even having to mod the LEDs you can get one to fit perfectly into the ashtray globe socket.

(p.s still trying to figure out how to change the globe for the cigarette lighter socket and the little square lights above the aircon,rear dimist,front windshield and recyle air buttons.)

Just thought id ad that incase some of you were worried about changing behind your console...............i broke my first globe :huh: lol

List up some part numbers man!

Champion.

Around $11 for a pack of 5

Heres a pic.

I went in the shop asking about the colour sleeves and the guy said "what do you need sleeves for, just buy leds" so yeh, they have a few different colours, (mite try blue soon) There pretty bright and fit easily enough. Highly recommended!!! :D

post-6799-1209743412_thumb.jpg

Around $11 for a pack of 5

Heres a pic.

I went in the shop asking about the colour sleeves and the guy said "what do you need sleeves for, just buy leds" so yeh, they have a few different colours, (mite try blue soon) There pretty bright and fit easily enough. Highly recommended!!! :D

Pic of the end result please

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone changed the tacho to blue before on the forums? I was thinking of doing the whole internals blue with the centre console and dash and door sills blue just so they all match my headunit.

If not then I guess i can have 2 tone. Centre area is blue and sides are red hehe. Might be a good contrast :D

I am planning on theme-ing my car white and blue, have blue head deck, have done bright blue console LED mod (I have lots of pics to post up as a DIY guide) and wanting to do something different with dash. maybe some blue in the engine bay and maybe some paint work.

Hey Kenji, what colour sportivo you got?

I've got a black sportivo with gold rims hehe. I've got a blue deck but not sure with what I wanna do with the console and dash. But I've already purchased red door sills:(