ZAV

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any1 did this on a 1ZZ??

wts bulbs do you need?

If I get a chance during the next few weeks, I'll do a tutorial on replacing dash and cluster globes with LED's.

I'd at least have 6 LED's handy for the dash cluster (mine took 5 T10 bulbs and one T5), but I'm guessing your cars will be different.

• 8 months later...

doing this mod over the weekend

*watch this space* :D

Look forward to seeing it....... im keen on changing mine soon as well

yep im planning on taking photos for interested 1zz owners aswell... already sussed out what needs to be un-screwed/removed, and it seems pretty straight forward... and that's coming from me who doesn't do very much DIY work at all :lol:

perhaps the Moderators/Original Poster can re-title the thread to just `LED Console mod... :rolleyes:

doing this mod over the weekend

*watch this space* :D

Look forward to seeing it....... im keen on changing mine soon as well

yep im planning on taking photos for interested 1zz owners aswell... already sussed out what needs to be un-screwed/removed, and it seems pretty straight forward... and that's coming from me who doesn't do very much DIY work at all :lol:

perhaps the Moderators/Original Poster can re-title the thread to just `LED Console mod... :rolleyes:

Yes would be a good idea to have this renamed...... i also have a 1zz...... are you going to be changing the speedo (dash cluster) lights as well?

LoL not just yet... ill stick to "easier" to do mods first before butchering important bits of the car

but changing the speedo cluster to the Levin/Ultima type is eventually my goal... someone on the forum had done this previously on their 1zz, not sure what the status on those are though

LoL not just yet... ill stick to "easier" to do mods first before butchering important bits of the car

but changing the speedo cluster to the Levin/Ultima type is eventually my goal... someone on the forum had done this previously on their 1zz, not sure what the status on those are though

Sweet, sounds good. Yeah do you know who the member was that was doing that to their cluster? I might have a go at changing my cluster lights in the next few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

abit of delay receiving my LED bulbs :unsure:

but also, does anyone know what type bulb is required to replace the light for the A/C + Hazard buttons? and cig lighter aswell...

cheers

abit of delay receiving my LED bulbs :unsure:

but also, does anyone know what type bulb is required to replace the light for the A/C + Hazard buttons? and cig lighter aswell...

cheers

I unplugged zip tied out of the way my lighter light. It's smaller then t5 so meh.

I had a look at the lights behind ac and hazard buttons...Honestly it doesn't look like you can remove them!

Stumped me.

Just a warning guys,

the small T5 bulbs that you no doubt have bought, don't illuminate the whole area of the A/C controls, i had white, and it was barely visible... Its due to the T5 LED's don't spread the light as much as the stock lights, but this was with the colour WHITE.

Not sure about other colours though

Evo

i changed mine back to standard, since it wasn't what i wanted :(

LED's were the T5 ones, they didn't spread the light... useless :(

Evo

i changed mine back to standard, since it wasn't what i wanted :(

LED's were the T5 ones, they didn't spread the light... useless :(

Evo

use sand paper and roughen up the bulb it should spread the light abit more.. but probably still not enough thou..

those are the exact LED s that i am getting.. when do you receive and install yours?

where did get your LEDs Evan, were they the same?

those are the exact LED s that i am getting.. when do you receive and install yours?

Turns out they're coming from Brisbane. I guess he bought them in bulk and is selling them in lots of 2.

Should be here Friday/Monday and I will install that night.

I'll post pics of installation and effect.

-Azza

its even more ironic that guy is actually a member of this forum LoL

albeit not very active

but yeah, please keep us updated

Turns out they're coming from Brisbane. I guess he bought them in bulk and is selling them in lots of 2.

-Azza

make sure u post ur results azza, keen to see how these go. are u changing the green light behind the central door lock switch?

-Azza

make sure u post ur results azza, keen to see how these go. are u changing the green light behind the central door lock switch?

Havn't even thought about that. I'll take a look.

-Azza

Havn't even thought about that. I'll take a look.

yeah i only noticed last night when i was driving and went to lock my doors (i once saw a drunk dude in surfers open up someones hatch at the lights so i try to stop it from happening to me lol) and i noticed it had a green backlight. This is only the case with non power window model corollas, power window corollas have their lock switch on the door with window switches

for future reference, i bought these white leds for the 1zz clock and AC controls

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Xenon-White-HID-Ins...93%3A1|294%3A50

and installed...

as you can see the light is not evenly distributed but its still visible (the lack of light at the periphery is not that bad in real life)

but i want to change them with brighter ones so please post up what lights you used with links and a photo installed :)

for future reference, i bought these white leds for the 1zz clock and AC controls

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Xenon-White-HID-Ins...93%3A1|294%3A50

and installed...

as you can see the light is not evenly distributed but its still visible (the lack of light at the periphery is not that bad in real life)

but i want to change them with brighter ones so please post up what lights you used with links and a photo installed :)

This is what i used.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-Super-Wide-Angle-...p3286.m20.l1116

Result can be seen here. The AC Dials are brighter then they look. I think the neons sh*t on them thats all.

http://img10.imageshack.us/i/p1010048lwr.jpg/