Red LED Console Mod DONE!!!!

ZAV

have any 1zz owners used these neo wedge white leds for the AC and demister buttons?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2pcs-T3-T4-T5-Neo-W...id=p3286.c0.m14

are they bright enough?

cheers

post-8229-1249809318_thumb.jpg

These are way to dull.

What i did was retro fit LED's to the neo wedge base.

Using the crap ebay lights i bought, i took the LED out, placed suprebright led in, soldered resistor - /fin

I reverted back to stock as i never found a way to light up the aircon dials evenly!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have any 1zz owners used these neo wedge white leds for the AC and demister buttons?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2pcs-T3-T4-T5-Neo-W...id=p3286.c0.m14

are they bright enough?

cheers

post-8229-1249809318_thumb.jpg

These are way to dull.

What i did was retro fit LED's to the neo wedge base.

Using the crap ebay lights i bought, i took the LED out, placed suprebright led in, soldered resistor - /fin

I reverted back to stock as i never found a way to light up the aircon dials evenly!!

hey brad i used the matrix 3 led ones from 74_matrix_r_wm.jpg and they are pretty bright

registry_mod-4500-1249715357_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

can someone tell me exactly where the resistors go?

the resistors go on the longer leg of the LCD lol

the way u find out is easy, if u blow the LED, then u got it on the wrong side, 2 bucks wasted (whoopie do) :P

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone ever figured out a way to replace the cigarette lighter globe? I took my globe out of the lamp holder, but I think the whole lamp holder is perhaps some sort of specialty auxilary lamp. It appears the lead in wires broke off the plastic base. I have some photos attached.

post-4369-0-35008800-1341141568_thumb.jp

post-4369-0-69267600-1341141580_thumb.jp

i just shoved the led into two holds and taped it to the holder

+1 :lol: i like the word "shoved" as i tried to solder them on and then i threw my hands up and said "f$ck this sh#t" and jammed it in with electrical tape and has been working perfect ever since :P

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update in case anyone searching for an answer knows what I did to change the light and may find it useful. After I pulled out the original filament lamp and essentially broke off the leads I used a blue T5 wedge LED, but got rid of the plastic wedge base and snipped a bit of the leads off. I then simply pushed the leads into the small holes where the old globe came out from and didn't bother soldering or anything. Essentially when you put the cigarette lighter assenbly back together, there is no chance for the LED to fall out and it works nicely. Just make sure you get the polarity around the right way.

• 7 months later...

In regards to just changing the centre dash lights is it a total of x4 T5 wide angle LEDs or is there more that I should know about?

I know there is one for behind the clock, two behind the AC controls and another one for the ash tray.

Is there anything else??

All I wanna do is get it matching white to be like my white gauges. Someone HALP

Edited by Talev88