Post Whoring

MR22ZZ

or do what I suggested and just delete the off topic post all together... It doesn't need to be there... why keep it there, it's just taking up space.

we have orders direct from steve that nothing is to be deleted..........no matter how minute or irrelavant we are not allowed to delete them. i soo agree with u dylan i asked the same thing..............i found posts from 2004 that were really dead and way off topic and old and irrelavant yet i was told just to move it and delete nothing. hope this clears it up for all u guys.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I cant resist I have to post about this,

Prime example of this...

I go to the Sydney monthly meet section. (No offence to the people posting this stuff)

But i have to filter through sh!t that has nothing to do with the meet.

Read this page. http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...=6948&st=25

Half of the posts are crazy about nothing to do with the meet. When i go to this section and there is a new post i want it to be about the meet. I don’t mind if someone posts there not coming or stuff like that. That’s cool because it direct Information about it.

I am in total agreement with Steve’s move with the lounge section.

Having fun and posting and chatting with friends is great. It helps with relationships with the club and so forth. But i think the post count should be related to the club and your contribution as a Toyota forum. Not a count on how many times you asked your mate what he's doing on the weekend.

Anyway if you are here to increase your post count then your here for the wrong reasons. IMO anyway.

Cheers

Bill

Well said mate. Very well said. Post counts is a healthy and probably the best indication of ones contribution towards a forum. It shouldn't be taken the wrong way.

If whoring or off-topic discussion relating to the topic occurs in other sections, then action will be taken place... simple as that.

Prime example of this...

I go to the Sydney monthly meet section. (No offence to the people posting this stuff)

Half of the posts are crazy about nothing to do with the meet. When i go to this section and there is a new post i want it to be about the meet. I don’t mind if someone posts there not coming or stuff like that. That’s cool because it direct Information about it.

Having fun and posting and chatting with friends is great. It helps with relationships with the club and so forth. But i think the post count should be related to the club and your contribution as a Toyota forum. Not a count on how many times you asked your mate what he's doing on the weekend.

Anyway if you are here to increase your post count then your here for the wrong reasons. IMO anyway.

Cheers

Bill

Well said mate. Very well said. Post counts is a healthy and probably the best indication of ones contribution towards a forum. It shouldn't be taken the wrong way.

If whoring or off-topic discussion relating to the topic occurs in other sections, then action will be taken place... simple as that.

Good ness! he even sounds likw a mod now! take the stick outta ur a$$ brandon! :D

Prime example of this...

Cheers

Bill

Good ness! he even sounds likw a mod now! take the stick outta ur a$$ brandon! :D

Now now, let's keep the discussion on track :P

As for my a$$, well if you wanna talk about it ... 2 words... "Club Lounge" :P

Maybe now that there has been a resolution to this problem, the mods may wish to exercise their powers to close this thread, for 3 good reasons...

1) Because any further posts are taking up the 'valuable space' everyone is talking about.

2) It is allowing precious post counts everyone is worried abouton generic chit chat that is supposed to be in the Club Lounge....

3) The issue has been resolved.

Edited by Azza