Xoom's Turbo 2ZZ Sportivo

xoom

cmon bill you have time off work at the moment. what are you doing with the car..... ur mrs gets more than enough attantion car ur car sorted pleaseeeeeee

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a copy of this that they can scan on to the computer so that I can see!? :toast::toast:

Please please please please please please please please please!! :yahoo::yahoo:

CONGRATZ BILL LOLOL

FINALLY THE FAST4'S ARTICLE IS OUT !!

the photographer eric was telling me about how it was gunna be in the sept issue well anyways

if u motherfcukers havent seen it yet i suggest u go buy the fast4s sept issue and turn to page 82

:)

• 2 weeks later...

ahhhhh what can i say ........ u can delay the craze but it always comes back to bite u ;) ;)

here we go again ;)

workshop2-1.jpg

and for those that havent seen the article

pg1.jpg

pg2.jpg

pg3.jpg

pg4.jpg

What are you doing to it now bill? chasing even more power?

trying to get it back on the road better and stronger than before ...... we'll c if we bother to chase more power ...... also taking care of some minor fixes here and there that i just wanna sort out finally .... woohoo finally getting my climate control back ;) ;) lol

workshop2-2.jpg

workshop2-3.jpg

IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE ...................... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA becareful the streets of sydney ...... the blue bombshell is back in action at a local street near you ;)

bout fricken time billium well done now u will have to do new power figures

andd soon u will hear the sound of forced induction coming from my car

Edited by lylee

bout fricken time billium well done now u will have to do new power figures

andd soon u will hear the sound of forced induction coming from my car

not for the moment ..... need to run the new box in first so ive stuck to the 630cc's for the moment ..... the 800's will go in some time next year

let us know how ur project is coming along

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
seriously ....that is just sex on wheels

thx mate ...... well if u come down to the annual meet u can see it in person

Taking it to Superlap? :spiteful:

Just an update, since it's a CAMS event it's 4 times what it should cost so I won't be doing it any more. But 999 were testing their entry at Lakeside on the weekend, turbo k25 with a lot of torque steer, so should be fun to watch :lol:

• 1 month later...

sorry for bumping this up (i know alot of u guys wouldn't mind ;))

but i got only one word to say...

...respect... :lol:

edit: hey i just read your whole thread... u didn't mention anything about the fuel efficiency?

i'm curious :P

Edited by Kenshin X

edit: hey i just read your whole thread... u didn't mention anything about the fuel efficiency?

the fuel efficiency is not too bad actually ..... i had the guys spend a lot of time when tuning the light loads when it was on the dyno ..... so when i drive around normally and not up it i can get 550-600 km's on a full tank ..... if i boot it around the efficiency obviously drops but i have not seen it get any worse than about 13 or so L per 100km i think ...... i might have had 1 tank get as bad as 15L / 100kms but like i said thats unusual ..... pretty efficient for a boosted car ;)

• 5 weeks later...

took a few pics after washing the car ...... yes it got a wash ..... can u believe it ....... lol ;) ;) ;) ;)

washed1.jpg

washed2.jpg

washed3.jpg

washed4.jpg

washed5.jpg

the fuel efficiency is not too bad actually ..... i had the guys spend a lot of time when tuning the light loads when it was on the dyno ..... so when i drive around normally and not up it i can get 550-600 km's on a full tank ..... if i boot it around the efficiency obviously drops but i have not seen it get any worse than about 13 or so L per 100km i think ...... i might have had 1 tank get as bad as 15L / 100kms but like i said thats unusual ..... pretty efficient for a boosted car ;)

That is pretty awesome actually... my car on boost would hit somewhere in the 18-20lt per 100km if flogged...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

bringing this thread back up

have a few questions

with the 2871 what rpm are u on full boost?

and why no equal length manifold??

my car is apart at the moment waiting for all my new bits to be put in and i have the IHI equivalent of your turbo (VF23, 0.64 front, 0.71 rear, ball bearing). i expect to come on full boost by 4 hopefully just wondering where yours comes on?

your car isnt as much as a problem as my car as u can rev to 8500 odd. my redline is 6500 (going to be raised to 7200) and the car is 1.5L

are u running internal gate still?

also what size injectors are you running and what pump?

thanks mate

Edited by ELEGNT

and why no equal length manifold??

thanks mate

Not sure if this would be the exact reasoning Rowan, but from looking at Bill's engine bay, space is an issue, not to mention i would think its to get the gasses the hell outta there as quick as possible, which ever way possible, but i could be entirely wrong too.

Space is the main issue, it's very difficult to get an equal length manifold in a RHD ZZE with the steering/mount/shift cables/driveshaft all in the way. Even with a custom manifold it's hard enough to make one with a normal merge-collector.

Edited by CHA54

Post my overall experience with this car yesterday...

It was slow... HAHA joking... :P

Went to homebush n parked in the main car park and went hunting for xoom's stivo ;)

So i came across this black one with stock height... Nope thats not it...

Then walked up abit n saw one with jdm taillights? Umm... Maybe? Checked out the front amd yes... There was that damn unpainted aftermarket grill there :lol:

But one thing that put me in doubt was the plate... "doesnt he have custom plates?" i thought.

Rang up a mate n asked. He said those were show plates :lol:

I checked out his car more...

Chrome indicators... Check

TRD 16" inch wheels... Check

Yep this is his car ;)

Ok... So i quickly took a few photos with my iphone but had no flash so photos became too dark. I didnt want to shine the led torch i had just so i dont look like some car stalker. So i waited another patient 2 mins :P for xoom to call. When he finally came after 1 min :P i looked at his through the dark thinking:

"wait is that xoom? He looks abit bigger than in the fast fours mag pics. But same bum fluff..."

He also looked at me and then away and i reluctantly called out his name :lol:

He said he looked at me and the mazda parked beside him n thought it wasnt me, so he looked away... HAHA.

Had a little chat and i found out that "the kebabs were getting to me" :lol: hence the difference from the "model pics" in the mag took a few more photos and off we went for some fuel...

In car there was a slight buzzing of the bosch fuel pump made for the supra (if i remember) there was no bad vibration when idling/revving 3 to 5k from the mount inserts like mine did. Everything was red inside. Exhaust does not drone (that is heaven)

Engine bay was nice and neat and engineered. Was a theme of blue and black and grey dust :P. Battery removed/relocated to the back which gave it more needed space for everything else he had in there. Custom built everything. It was absolutely insane.

Boost was amazing. The pull and g force makes my car feel like a slug (yes i hit lift afterwards down motorway/freeway) and lift with boost? Four words: omfg :o u have to sit in the car to know what i mean. Shifting to 2nd and hitting lift again? Revs faster than mine in 1st gear lift lol :lol:

Oh yes... Blow-off valve for extra rice :P

After all that, before we parted ways he said

"hey mate, just to let u know that wasn't full boost..."

I just looked at him like this 0_0;;

Thanks for giving your 5 mins of your precious life reading this review

It was insane. Absolutely stoked to be able to see this in the flesh.

One thing mate:

Paint that damn grill and side indicators to match your car LOL :lol: