Toyota Rear Skirt

KaZe-

OK heres the deal i went to a toyota dealer today and asked them if i can get a rear toyota skirt on my 2005 corolla sportivo faclift. the guy goes for a minute and comes back saying "we have it in stock but if u buy it and it doesnt fit we cant take it back" cuz he said that they had the catalog up untill the 2004 pre facelift and he cant garuntee anything??.... <_< so can someone with a facelift sportivo that has a rear skirt tell me if they fit or can someone tell me that they will fit??? so i can go ahead and purchase this.

Cheers Steven,

when i 1st got my stivo i wanted a rear skirt from toyota... they said that the sportivo rear skirt would only fit on levins,ascent and conquest. So that was un-usual, thats why i never got one :rolleyes:

Unmodified, this is correct, you need to either cut the skirt to fit a stivo (around the exhaust tip) or alter the tip.

If it is put on standard it will melt the skirt... my car is the reason for the tech note on the rear skirt ;)

I got a rear skirt on my car 1ZZ.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7305

I still needed it cut the skirt as the exhaust I put in would have melted it like Dylan said.

But no big deal you need to take it to the panel beater/ painter to get it painted anyway they do that stuff all the time. I got the guy who painted my skirt to cut it for me before he painted it.

He used an old paint can to mark out the area he was going to cut very technical stuff.

OK heres the deal i went to a toyota dealer today and asked them if i can get a rear toyota skirt on my 2005 corolla sportivo faclift. the guy goes for a minute and comes back saying "we have it in stock but if u buy it and it doesnt fit we cant take it back" cuz he said that they had the catalog up untill the 2004 pre facelift and he cant garuntee anything??.... <_< so can someone with a facelift sportivo that has a rear skirt tell me if they fit or can someone tell me that they will fit??? so i can go ahead and purchase this.

Cheers Steven,

OMG FARKING TOYOTA FOOLS!!!!

Steve...this rear skirt will fit on ANY 2001-2005 current shape hatchback. The guy at the Toyota here said the same thing to me 'oh it only fits 2001 - 2004 so you're lucky heh'. I looked at him funny and said, 'Mate, they are all the bloody same. I could go and fit this thing on to that bog standard Corolla Ascent Hatch out there if I really wanted.'

Steve...buy it. It will fit. It's no headache cutting a hole for the exhaust either. Just look at goodboyz mate with the white pre-facelift. The cannon looks mad all masked off by the skirt.

Do it...DO IT! lol

sweet thens it on! im getting it next week yer my panel beater said it would cost $150 to paint it metallic blk and cut the whole for me also he was gonna fix up the hole to make it more smmmmoooooottthhhhherrr lolz

Cheers ALL post pics when my cars done

not too long now..... :P

• 3 months later...

is toyota the only place you can get the rear skirt from?

my friend has a sportivo and wants the rear skirt, her panel beater called toyota and they told him they dont sell them? they probably didn't want to risk return issues.

thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

im gonna get it next week probly we'll see ill let u know getting other stuff done atm ehehhehBWhahHWHAhahAH MMUUWHAHAHAHAH!!! :P :D

Ive just gone though all the same headaches as you guys. yes it will fit, its just that they have to say it doesnt because of the exhaust being in the way and dont want a returned melted skirt. your in melb go through frankston toyota they have only charged me $220 as of last week, should be in next week. i'll go look for the part no. to make it easier and edit this post with it, incase anyone else is interested :)

That would be great if you could keep intouch and pass on the part no. when u can RoLLing BLK :)

I too am looking to get one.

If anyone can recommend the best place in Sydney to get this that would be a help also.

Cheers

Castle Hill Toyota can get them for you

That would be great if you could keep intouch and pass on the part no. when u can RoLLing BLK :)

I too am looking to get one.

If anyone can recommend the best place in Sydney to get this that would be a help also.

Cheers

The part number for the rear skirt (sportivo) from toyota parts is...0815812810

It seems like depending on where you go depends on what you pay, ive herd it can cost $319 or $300

im picking mine up today and was only $220, so shop around.

Did you pick up the rear skirt yesterday mate?

Sure did and it looks the goods :) , my cars in at the mechanics at the moment so i'll have to wait to get it fitted. Eyelids should be due today too. Xmas has come early :D

Did it come with instructions on how to install it? Are you gonna install it yourself or get a pro to do it for you?

Did you pick up the rear skirt yesterday mate?

Sure did and it looks the goods :) , my cars in at the mechanics at the moment so i'll have to wait to get it fitted. Eyelids should be due today too. Xmas has come early :D

Did it come with instructions on how to install it? Are you gonna install it yourself or get a pro to do it for you?

Yeah it comes with a 7 page parts list and instruction booklet,with a couple bags of screws, rivets, double sided tape, mesh inserts, brakets and a few other things. but it has to be painted first as it doesn't come painted, so i'll pay i little extra and get the guys at the spray shop to fit it. Best be done right the first time.

• 1 month later...